NEW P-1 CLOSED MOUTH FINISHED!

Mannowar

Sr Member
Well, here it is. This is the first casting all painted up. I threw on some my new dreads and filled out the underneath with backer rod so you can get an idea of what it looks like when he's all dressed up. Wish I'd had some nice eyes to put in but just haven't had time to get out and get any. The mold turned out very clean, though it was a BITCH to get off the sculpt without damaging it, but fortunately patience prevailed. I'll do a 3 piece mold the next time, and split it down the back. I made the dread holes big enough to accommodate 'Booie dreads and I also built up a ridge along the back of the neck where it will be slit to wear. I did this to minimize tearing the latex beyond where you want it to split. Let me know what you think... This one (minus the dreads) will likely be up in the Members Buy and Sell section in the next day or two, so if you're interested keep an eye out.

P1_face_50.jpg

P1_dreaded_50.jpg

Well, here it is. This is the first casting all painted up. I threw on some my new dreads and filled out the underneath with backer rod so you can get an idea of what it looks like when he's all dressed up. Wish I'd had some nice eyes to put in but just haven't had time to get out and get any. The mold turned out very clean, though it was a BITCH to get off the sculpt without damaging it, but fortunately patience prevailed. I'll do a 3 piece mold the next time, and split it down the back. I made the dread holes big enough to accommodate 'Booie dreads and I also built up a ridge along the back of the neck where it will be slit to wear. I did this to minimize tearing the latex beyond where you want it to split. Let me know what you think... This one (minus the dreads) will likely be up in the Members Buy and Sell section in the next day or two, so if you're interested keep an eye out.
alright!!! beautiful job as always scott!!.....you finally listened to lee and moved to a headpiece... :) ...it was worth the push...bud .. :) we all knew you would do a headpiece it was the natural progression...very very nice!!

Thanks guys... Yeah Ted, Lee's oft urgings that I graduate from hands, feet and armor and get my ass moving on a head was actually a motivation to get me rolling. Now that this one's done, I'll likely start pushing clay on an Elder in a couple weeks.

Thanks all! Figured I'd also update on another mask, since I haven't posted the progress photos yet in a new thread, but the new Elder I've been working on is just about ready to start detailing. I'll have a thread up in a few days. A true closed mouth (jaw fully closed, exposing no inner mouth)... He's looking quite menacing so far... He'll be kind of a hybrid between the P2 elder and the AVP elder, but leaning a bit more toward P2.

RJ, I'll probably get started on your "special" paintup on the the P1 this weekend...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back