New NBC streaming Battlestar Galactica reboot

I enjoyed the first half or so of the show. It was once they landed on New Caprica that I felt that the show really started to go downhill, almost as if they wrote that season/arc to buy themselves time to figure out where they really wanted to take the show.

I also felt that the show was at its best when writing stories directly tied in to the main story line. Every time they wrote filler episodes they always felt like filler episodes (to me) and they seemed to like pulling things out from nowhere and promptly forget about it once the episode was over. Things like the blackmarket, and Apollo being suicidal all came out of nowhere with no hints of either and were never addressed after their respective episodes were over.

Regardless of the reboot... The show arc eventually you have to find Earth sooner or later and the show will end. Sorry but you can only stretch the story line for so long before people just start losing interest. We know the math folks loose interest that affects show rating and poof. I love the Original and as well the Re-imagined series. The re-imagined Series didn't end well felt like a little Matrixie "This has happened before and it will happen again" was one of the quote we heard as the show developed. Olmos had said he didn't want to do Adama if their was going to be like space aliens or something. I myself felt that beings of light were indirectly involved, but never really revealed on the show. As for reboots they are good, but in the end story writers and such need to start coming up with newer and original stories. Oh well we will see what comes of it.

There was an update posted iO9 stating that the show's creator, Esmail, posted on Twitter that this won't be a reboot but another story set in the same universe although he didn't clarify which universe.

There was an update posted iO9 stating that the show's creator, Esmail, posted on Twitter that this won't be a reboot but another story set in the same universe although he didn't clarify which universe.

Basically he's gonna do what Lindelof is doing to Watchmen.

But considering the title it would have to involve the Galactica in a big way, right? Maybe a different time period (like Blood and Chrome) or post arrival on Earth... which wouldn't make sense, since that's the goal of the protagonists.

Honestly I could see this happening. They had a opportunity with blood and chrome which was 100% cgi as they had sold off all the props and sets already. So a prequel is a possibility.

Another BSG reboot?

I really liked the last one with Olmos and Sackhoff, well yeah ending wasn't the best...

People complain about that but the hull was a dead loss. So smashing it into the sun wasn’t a creative idea but it still ended better than Games of Thrones IMHO lol

It might be another prequel like Blood and Chrome

I would love this if it were a reboot, closer in spirit and aesthetics to the original show.
If it's just a sequel/prequel set in the Moore universe, then I don't care.
Though I'm not paying a subscription for network TV either way.
This every-show-gets-it's-own-streaming-service garbage can eff right off.

Another show I'll never see unless I do as a few others have suggested and wait for the DVD's but only after hearing what the reviews are like.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back