New MR Fett helmet pics

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by TFrosst, Mar 14, 2006.

1. TFrosst

TFrosst Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'd say it's looking pretty * good. Now, I wonder if those workers across the pacific can actually replicate that paint job. That's the deciding factor, not the prototype paint job.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AT-AT Luvah

AT-AT Luvah Sr Member

Wow. What an improvement over the Toy Fair mockup.

Color me excited once more.

Hector

3. AlltoEasy

AlltoEasy Well-Known Member

(stroking my credit card) "not long my sweet, not long"

I wanna see the blaster to, they are the only two MR items im interested in now.

Dan.

4. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

Nice to see them going for the movie look instead of the PP3 look or the AoSW look. :D

5. cking

cking Sr Member

VERY nice, but how the hell is a factory going to mass produce the weathering? I really hope they can pull it off.

Chris

6. RKW

RKW Sr Member

AMEN to that.

If they all end up looking as good as that then I'll definitely want one.

7. Rogue Studios

Rogue Studios Well-Known Member

It's a new painter. And thank you for the positive comments folks. Ever effort will be made to reproduce as accurately as possible it's the number agenda item right now.

Lee

8. JRX

JRX Well-Known Member

If it will really look exactly like that when it is available I will definately
    get one - that looks great :eek ... got a few more pics of it ???

9. natty15d

natty15d Well-Known Member

WOW Superb as always Lee :D

now please do this one right MR..............

Nathan

10. BrundelFly

BrundelFly Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That is AMAZING..

Looks like he stole it off screen.

Nice Paint job Lee.

Frank

11. Dymerski

Dymerski Well-Known Member

Lee . Amazing...
    Dean

12. Got Maul

Got Maul Official Licensee RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

OUSTANDING LEE . Finally MR makes a right move and appeals to one of our most respected painters .

13. cking

cking Sr Member

That's excellent news Lee. Definitely the right man for the job.
    The pics are shown on the Master Replicas Blog pages. They're official teaser pics.
    :)

Chris

14. Rogue Studios

I had a heart attack since I never let those out whew.

15. 1138

1138 Well-Known Member

That paint job is absolutely bea-u-ti-ful. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Those pics are linked to on MR's blog

16. SFPROPS

SFPROPS Well-Known Member

Very nice. If the factory can come anywhere near that, it will be a great piece.

17. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

I can only echo the sentiments already posted. Great paint up, RS, and I am curious, after all of MR's helmet faux pas, if they can replicate it faithfully.

18. rigormortis

rigormortis Well-Known Member

19. Scapey

Scapey Sr Member

Looks like crap.

Did someone drop it or something?

20. ROBOSTEVE 0671

ROBOSTEVE 0671 Sr Member

Very nice, look forward to seeing how this one pulls off with the mass produced version...

21. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Well-Known Member

That is the closest paintjob I have seen that reproduces all the correct contrasts between the different colors. It does look like it came off the Empire set. :love

22. TK1536

TK1536 Sr Member

Hmmm.... MS3 + paint it myself or MR?

23. Lynn TXP 0369

Lynn TXP 0369 Sr Member

Wow.. How'd you pull that gig off?
    They couldn't have asked for a better painter.
    No offence to Moffeton as he is a AWESOME painter, but your the Fett expert, and there is a difference.

Lynn

24. Star Wars Chick

Star Wars Chick Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Good to see MR get the right painter for this job :D Hopefully MR won't disappoint Fett fans on this one in the end.

25. Dean O

Dean O Well-Known Member

WOW. Great work Lee.

26. DL 44 Blaster

DL 44 Blaster Sr Member

'Bout time they woke up and gave the paintjob to someone who could knock it out of the ballpark. Kudos on another fantastic paintjob Lee. :thumbsup

If "Thomas Kincade" paintings can capture in great detail the original I hope similar paint-by-number techniques can be applied to the Fett bucket. It's not out of the realm of possibility or capability either.......AND considering these will be a mint to attain, I think the paying fans deserve it.

I too LOVE the movie look as that's how I captured mine.

Steve

27. RKW

RKW Sr Member

I think Rogue Studios is going to have to move to China for six months.

It's the only way to be sure :D

28. TFrosst

Any idea how much these'll cost?? I think the movie look was the only way to go and a good choice for MR (granted, probably and easy one). It is after all a movie prop replica not a prepro prop replica or any other kind of replica.

29. jeezycreezy

jeezycreezy Well-Known Member

Looks fantastic.

I wonder, will they market the helmet based on this prototype or on shots of the final product?

I assume they'll be using the all of the exact same colours (Panzer Olive Green, Boxcar Red, etc.) or will they colour match and mix their own?

I think it will be more interesting to see how this helmet develops from prototype to finished product than any other helmet they're producing.

Cheers.
    TJ

30. Rogue Studios

Thank you everyone I'm truly humbled and I had a ball doing it but I have to do another so back to the shop LOL. Also, from what I am getting they are making every possible effort to recreate the paintjob as accurately as possible, it's not an easy task.

Lee

31. JP05

JP05 Well-Known Member

Lee............what can I say. Amazing. Looks like all that hard work you put into this helmet has finally paid off. Researching all those colors. Hours on the phone listening to you drone on about this color and that color. Its nice to see you get the credit you have always deserved

32. Dymerski

Dymerski Well-Known Member

HEY STEVE...wait until I start the Falcon...I will be callin ya also.

33. dashrender

dashrender New Member

Have we seen a price on this bad boy yet?

34. fettpride

fettpride Well-Known Member

Lee - (RogueStudios)

Not sure how it came about ... but I'm hoping the "Deleted Thread" on TDH had something to do with you getting this gig. I know that MR was watching that thread closely (which is why they requested it be yanked :lol) ... maybe they'll be starting a new trend of "Listening" to the fans ;)

I echo the above sentiments about finally getting the recognition you deserve for all your research and efforts . A sincere CONGRATS bud .... make us fettsters proud ... :cheers

FP

35. Prop Runner

Prop Runner Sr Member

Absolutely gorgeous. :eek

Wait for it...

[​IMG]

:D :thumbsup

- Gabe

36. Atarian

Atarian Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

so awesome. what is the origin of this helmet? digital scan? new sculpt? recast?

37. rmschneider104

rmschneider104 Sr Member

Wow, that is a much, much better paint job. Hope the final version is also top notch.

38. Art Andrews

The MR helmet is a fiberglass casting made from a digital scan of the PP3 helmet. For those who do not know, the PP3, is the Preproduction 3 helmet seen in Chronicles. It is basically a twin to the ESB Hero (which was still on tour at the time MR had the helmet scanned and not available). While some detials do get lost in the scan and others were tweaked/reworked, overall, I believe this is the most accurate helmet to date to be made availabel to the public in regard to shape, size, overall detail, and of course paint.

Not to crap on the MS based helmets, but I think think one stands head and shoulders above it. The only thing that I believe would beat this, would be a direct casting from an original helmet.

39. Riv

Riv Well-Known Member

It's a gorgeous prototype, so hat's off to Lee for the spectacular work.

I'm wondering how MR plans to pull this off in mass-produced form. I wonder if anyone has any insight as to that part of the process?

40. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

they will paint it many flat colors then ship it in a box of nails that will then be tossed about for a few days in the back of a truck and... voila.

JK

and great work on the proto lee.

but i seriously have to ask myself, if vader was just sprayed black and almost a grand... how much is something like this gonna run if they actually manage to capture the look of the proto???

any ideas on pricing???

once again awesome work Lee...

41. Rogue Studios

I don't think a cost has been worked up since they have the challenge of getting the paintjob reproduced and quotes on that. I have no idea but I think this may be the plan right now.

Lee

42. Tatooine_Todd

Tatooine_Todd Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This helmet is awesome and a definite purchase for me. I am curious if the current helmet dilemas that are facing MR will delay the release of this. On a positive note, they should have most of their QC issues taken care of by it's release.

43. Prop Runner

Prop Runner Sr Member

Could someone please post a side-by-side comparison of Lee's paint up with the MR Toy Fair mockup? I haven't seen it personally...

Thanks,

- Gabe

44. TFrosst

Here you go Gabe.

[​IMG]

45. Tyler Durden

46. Art Andrews

Not the best angles for comparison, but here you go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

47. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

you know moff eatons paint job looks really good, its just its not the right colors...

the lighter green is WAY to light and the inner cheek dark green is... well... it looks black.

the only thing i see that doesnt feel right about Lees new one, is the abscense of yellow on the back which i thought was correct.

but im not a fett expert, maybe this yellowish color wasnt on the helmet it was taken from... but wasnt the proto yellow that was seen on the proto fetts left gauntlet and shoulders still on the rear of the screen used ESB in the weathering?

i dont know if this post is getting across what im thinking... but yeah.

fett pros please step in.

48. Rogue Studios

If everyone is cool with this please by all means ask questions but please don't get rough on Jason he did a good attempt on a helmet he saw in the archives. I just want to keep some positive energy about all of this he is a very accomplished artist and has done great work for MR.

49. Tyler Durden

OldKen,

Both the helmet MR scanned, the preproduction 3, and the ESB helmet use the same accent color on the back.

The color you are referencing is an odd color that changes hue dramatically depending on the surrounding lighting and how it is photographed. But it is not the same color as the preproduction yellow gauntlets.

Here is a photo of the MR back compared to the Empire back:

[​IMG]

*Note, the Empire photo was taken with a flash.

50. Art Andrews

Just too clarify a bit further... The yellow is a color that people have been getting wrong for a very long time. There are still those at TDH who believe that the yellow is there, but I think as TD said, it is just a tough color to photograph but if you study enough photos, you will see it is not the intense yellow most people seem to think.