New MR Enterprise problem over time (Dome blotching)

I could justify cutting one open after the 350 kit comes out...

replacement domes would be easy to come by then
They were made to the same documents. They should match, unless PL decided to screw around with more than just the gridlines.

But are the domes the same thickness? That's the question.

I leaving mine alone, but the last time I looked the blotching doesn't look any worse.

At this point it just doesn't bother me enough to cut it open.

Well sir, I ain't attempted a model build since my college days back in the olden 80s (1980s, not 1880s) so I reckon I's not one to be doin' no cuttin' on this expensive lady's ample nacelles, no matter how bad the blotch. (I'm not even an old country doctor!) :darnkids

How's everybody doing with this issue after all this time? Has anybody experienced electrical issues, too? My only issue has been the oil inside the dome, which looks pretty bad, but it's only on the port side. My starboard fan blades stopped spinning once, but after I tapped on the dome it started up again,

Mine has minor blotching on the bottom of the domes. The bigger issue is when it's cold, the port motor won't start. If I sit it in the sun for a few minutes, it starts.

Other than the oil blotching now on both domes like 2/3 of each I'm still good, someday I guess I should just frost the hell out of the domes.
Again when the lights are on you can't tell. But it's annoying, maybe in a few more years the blotching will completely cover the domes
and you won't notice. LOL

Mine has minor blotching on the bottom of the domes. The bigger issue is when it's cold, the port motor won't start. If I sit it in the sun for a few minutes, it starts.

LOL! Must be the oil seizing up.

Other than the oil blotching now on both domes like 2/3 of each I'm still good, someday I guess I should just frost the hell out of the domes.
Again when the lights are on you can't tell. But it's annoying, maybe in a few more years the blotching will completely cover the domes
and you won't notice. LOL

Well, that's what I had hoped, too. But after several years it's still only the port dome that's oily and only partly. And it is annoying because the vast majority of the time the lights are switched off. I don't think I'll ever do anything about it other than complain...

I have several of the new PL TOS kits but I doubt I'll ever have the nerve to cut on my MR E. Just don't think it's possible....

I've just lived with it, I have some decent frosting spray I used on the domes of one of those little "pre-decorated" snap fit TOS E kits, I should hit it up with that.

Good news. The MR's are Polar Lights Kits. For $20 they will get you a new nacelle dome. The form is online. You can get the other part too ; nacelle ring.....

Good news. The MR's are Polar Lights Kits. For $20 they will get you a new nacelle dome. The form is online. You can get the other part too ; nacelle ring.....

Well, that would require surgery on the MR model—which it was not meant for. I am not a confident enough modeller for that.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back