New Mortal Kombat Movie in the works

I don't know the Legacy clip they showed on the G4 Site does'nt make the web series look that bad it looks like before MK began before Kano and Jax got their cybernetic implants.
At least I don't think this movie can be any worse than the rest of the crappy movies Hollywood seems to be dishing out at the moment.

I'd even love just a movie on Scorpion and Sub Zero. I like their episodes in MK Legacy the best. The rest were pretty good too, minus the Kitana/Mileena ones.

Legacy didnt really give me that "MK magic" feeling tho. But i eager to see if it turns out better than the webisodes. Coz i was expecting to see something like MK9 in the webisodes, maybe thats why i turned me down that much >.<

Lets just hope it doesnt end up like Dead or Alive or the Street Fighter Chun Li movie.

So a reboot or wat? I really wanna see a taller Raiden, at least 6'3" if they cant find a 7 footer. Legacy webisodes are pretty cool but not in a full MK sense. Actor-wise, if Legacy wanted an older Sonya they coulda stuck with the blonde from Billy Madison haha! Simply cannot wait for a new MK to come to theaters!

I just hope they portray Raiden better than all past efforts, Christopher Lambert was pretty lame in the first film, and from then on they seemed to favour the white haired geezer look, instead of how he actually looked in the games, white robes, big pointy hat, lightning!! even Big Trouble In Little China did Raiden better :lol

I'd love a new movie! A BLOODY one. I can't believe it's been like 17 years since the first movie! I feel old :unsure

Actor-wise, if Legacy wanted an older Sonya they coulda stuck with the blonde from Billy Madison haha!

And she's a few years younger than Jeri Ryan too! She's still smoking hot :love

I just hope they portray Raiden better than all past efforts

Yeah as much as I love Lambert, and his Rayden was cool in it's own right- he was pretty much playing Connor Macleod again

I'd love a new movie! A BLOODY one. I can't believe it's been like 17 years since the first movie! I feel old :unsure

Master Dahark, where do I know that name ;)

I can't believe its been that long. I remember after Annihilation, me and my cousin heard they were doing a third, and kept hearing that for years and years.

Agreed and add Dragonball Z that was another horrible film even though at the time it was'nt based on the games they have it still sucked.
dragonball movie basicly took the character names and changed the story to such degree that it couldve been called ninja vs green guy. it had nothing to do with dragonball, other than the characters names

I think the web series was fairly decent since most of it was action bits. The storytelling was a bit lacking though, in my opinion, but I didn't mind so much since they were short. A whole film, that's a different story, and that's usually where a lot of these kind of films suffer. I sure hope Tancharoen has a good story planned for this one.

The 9 episodes were done with 1.5 million dollars in about a month. The movie is getting close to 100 million dollar budget, a year and a half of filming time, R rating, comes out with the game mk10 and a young director that has put his heart and soul on the rebirth trailer and the episodes with the very limited budget he was given. Hopefully they choose their cast wisely and concentrate on the ninjas this time, enough with liu kang, he got two movies already.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back