Been lurking this forum for awhile, mostly the nerf prop threads. Originally came here by way of a 3d printing site when I was looking at some star wars props. My main personally created or modified replicas are custom lightsabers, but I have been wanting to do some more helmets, mask, and guns.

大家好!
叫我维维安,我是中国人。我为道具制造商MCSDINO工作,专门制造电子恐龙和各种神奇的生物,大家都是靠手工制作的,其实我们也在考虑3D打印,但更多的是寻找反映灵魂的东西雕塑,希望与你们所有人沟通所有惊人的想法..
carving_animatronic_dinosaur_1_grande.jpg

Hi to all. :)

Found this board via the DeAgostini Build The Millennium Falcon Forum. I have been making models on and off for around 50 years. I had not made anything for about a decade and then I started collecting the DeAg Millenium Falcon part-work and got infected again with the 'maker-bug', hence my being here. :p

I am very impressed with the quality of some of the work done by board members and hope to pick up a few modelling tips from others.

See you all... out there.

Regards

Riptide :cool

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hello, my pleasure is Pablo, I'm from Brazil Rj and I'm here to take inspiration from your projects so I can make my own and some tips :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, my pleasure is Pablo, I'm from Brazil Rj and I'm here to take inspiration from your projects so I can make my own and some tips :)

Ola a todos eu tenho 38 anos sou de Cascais ,Portugal e ja nao sou novo por aqui eu tinha outra conta mas nao consigo entrar nela !eu costumo vir ca buscar ideias para fazer mascaras pros meus filhos!sou fan de star wars e heróis marvel

Greetings! Brand new cosplayer and maker here. Thought I should finally get around to joining a community like this. Can't wait to meet more people and see cool projects! I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I have hundreds of thread views but absolutely NO comments of feedback. Are my pictures bad? Is my content lacking? Is my subject matter boring? I'm completely unsure about what others think because I've yet to get any constructive criticism or positive feedback.

Last edited:
Hi,
Supposed to introduce myself. I've been lurking through the RPF for years, getting help and stealing ideas. I'm currently working on a massive Optimus Prime cosplay and I've made a thread to hopefully give back to community. I can't promise it will be amazing, but I can promise it will be big.

I've been lurking for years here. There is much fantastic knowledge. I figured I was way overdue to join up.

My car has Fury Road bobble head that was tons of fun to make. I'm waiting for Spring to paint my Coyle PKD blaster that is half done. Also waiting patiently for one of the Tomenosuke 2049 blasters. Meanwhile, I am putting together Deckard's suit and trench coat using some old 1980s patterns. Below is one of my early attempts at foam latex casting from 20 years ago:

16142_162625218526_2625775_n.jpg

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

I haven't done this yet and like many before me have been a long time lurker until recently... I've been in and out of the RPF for over a decade. I have always been a prop builder, since I was a kid, building lightsabers and proton packs, swords, you name it. I've recently rekindled my passion for making again. Almost a year ago I bought a 3D printer so that I can design and make things for me and my kids. Mostly Star Wars related now, but more to come for sure. Now that I am here and posting I am enjoying participating in threads and sharing knowledge with everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi I'm Glyn, I've always tinkered with stuff but over the past few years I've really got into making. I've just finished a Dredd helmet and I'm on the finishing touches of my Evil Dead 2 chainsaw hand. I've just got into sculpting and casting, i'm excited about the possibilities
.View attachment 787974View attachment 787975View attachment 787976

That Dredd helmet is awesome!

Hi'ya folks,

I'm completely new to the prop and build community. I've only recently begun my interests in making things, particularly my own intellectual property. My reason for joining is to learn. Primarily, observing and asking questions. Tha's all. :^)

Hello, new to the forum & new to serious prop making. Been browsing the forum for a few years and now I'm taking it to the next level.
Hoping to start a Blade Runner collection this year and have a few ideas for some Stranger Things & Dirk Gentley props.

Greetings all,

I have been a huge fan of costumes since I was a youngling, but have not been into serious cosplay until recently. I am a member of the 501st and have been going to several cons over the last year. I am looking to branch out into more costumes. Besides Star Wars I love Harry Potter, and anything with armor. Since I still consider myself a noob to cosplay I wanted to find a resource to help with suggestions, patterns, etc and of course a place to display my progress. I tend to ask a lot of questions. I am looking forward to talking to everyone.

Hi all. I came here because Adam Savage mentions it on Tested. Such a fountain of knowledge on here i had to join. Bladerunner old and new is my thing. Also like Stargate especially Atlantis. Starting to get into Universe too. I'm going to add some pictures of my cosplay outfits and props. Working on BR2049 outfit at the moment.

Greetings All .
I am a new old member here , I started a new account as my old was attached to a no loner used Email. I hope to meet more people and to learn more about Kit building and costume making .
I am located in Saint Louis Mo and hope to be very active here . thank you

Kev.

Hi. My name is Sean, and I'm a propaholic. I am a police officer in Warrensburg, Missouri and in my spare time I make props from EVA foam. My primary fandoms are Star Wars, Hellboy, Doctor Who, Firefly and Batman. I collect comics, play D&D/Pathfinder, play video games and just recently got into anime (Attack on Titan and Death Note, so far). I have attended Planet Comicon, the main convention in Kansas City, since 2012.

I originally joined the RPF around 2003. I had zero skills but was amazed at the work other members were putting out. I rarely posted, but frequently browsed the forum to see what all the makers were working on. Well, I finally took the plunge about a year ago and started crafting my own stuff from foam. I think the turning point for me was finding the YouTube channels for Evil Ted and Punished Props. I watched every video they had to offer and downloaded their patterns to make my first props. I was immediately hooked. More recently, I have been applying the skills I learned by watching Ted, Bill and Brittany (among others) to create my own patterns and props. I plan to post my stuff here and, who knows, maybe eventually start my own YouTube channel. It's good to be here as a participant instead of an observer.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back