re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi everyone!
I've only recently discovered rpf and just how great it is. I've always been huge on making props and costumes on my own, but this forum is really great, offers really good ideas to take things to the next level. I hope I can contribute and I'm excited to be a new member.

Hi all, sorry I didn't post here sooner.

I've been interested in prop modelling since I was a kid in the 70's, but never had the skill or patience to make anything good, and was hindered by poor internet connectivity at the time :)

Now I can get information on modelling, and find out what questions to ask to get the right sort of answers about tools, materials, techniques, etc.

Hi guys, i've been on the site for a couple months now but only just found this thread. Im only 16 but i liked the builds and stuff on this site so i figured i'd try it out. I'm actually doing my first build on a clone trooper helmet.
So my names Jivan and i really like this site. Peace

Hello everyone I'm Mathew and I'm 25. I have been into costuming and makeup and just all around prop building for years. It is a passion of mine. I love being able to create something so spectacular and seeing the end product is well worth the time and sometimes frustration lol. I am currently building an arc reactor at the moment and I'm having fun doing so. I love this site because everyone is so willing to help with things and they have great advice. SO I looking forward to talking with you all i the future.

Hello all.
I am Alexandria, and I am 25.
I am an accountant.
I love costuming and prop making. :love
When people ask me what I am thinking about 90% it has something to do with costuming, no matter what or where I am.
I starting when I was really young with my mom with my own clothes then renaissance festivals, cons and then went from there.
I have been wondering this site for a while and decided to finally join.

New member from dllas says hi!

Howdy Guys!. I'm Gaston from Dallas and am excited to now be part of this exciting board. I'm a TOS collector who's prime interest is developing and building the more obscure, often functional, artifacts that have come to exemplify 23rd Century technology.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

hi.

from the U.K, always been into sci-fi and engineering, electronics design and building and anything to do with replica creation.

found the site after looking for polar express items.

The site is great and a library of tips and info. looking forward to adding to things.

simon

Hello,
I found this site because I found a prop site the refurbished props and ask if he made props too. They ended up telling me this was a good site to go and get started. I hope to find some people who might be able to help me out. :)

Howdy folks. I was on here a few years back but I couldn't remember my username or password and I no longer have access to my email from back then so.... A new beginning. Found this forum originally while looking for pointers on Star Trek stuff but have since found this a great place to feed my Vader Fett-ish.
Steve

I gang! I'm Nabi...I love props and worked on my first quite recently, but I am stuck...tryiing to figure out how to recreate the cherubim (the angels) on the ark of the covenant. I came here thru a buddy. Does anyone know where I can get either resin or wood cherubim. I can't even cast it if I don't have anything to cast...lol....HELP!!

:lol ok, let me try this AGAIN...this thing is saying that I am doing a duplicate post from 5 minutes ago when I have not been on here since sept 19th! I am NEW...someone help! Uh...great costumes by the way...lol, my name is Nabi and I am looking to recreate the ark but I need the angels on top, resin, wood...watcha got? It's really nice to be among the very creative. You guys rock!

Good day all im GL and im into Cosplay a lot, i work out and try to make new suit. My new project the awsome NOISY BOY hell yeah but will need to scale it to my size so he will not be as large. Favorite movie Tremor, Franchise ALIEN, Manga Battle Royale hobby P90X. And yeah im a French Canadian dude so excuse my not so good english but hey im trying lol. Cheers ! PS. There is a lot of tallented person over this forum congrat on that and lets the imagination guide you !!!

Hello, I'm new but I have read and heard all about the RPF for many many years due to my husband, who might have been addicted to this site a number of years back.

If you go to Dargon Con then you might have seen or met me before. I have a number of good friends that are already members here and have been for a long time so I finally decided to signup for my own account. Oh and my husband is that funny Elvistrooper guy.

Hello everyone. I'm Bruce. I've been registered on here for quite awhile (as evidenced by my join date), but have only recently started to be active on the site (other than my previous lurking). I'm a Network Admin by trade, but a geek by choice and have started to accumulate the beginnings of a prop collection. I've mostly kept to purchasing so far, but am beginning to look into making my own. Ultimately, I'd like to put together a small shop for my use, as well as the use of several of my friends (some of whom are also members on here). Looking forward to sharing information and exchanging ideas with the community.

Re: The Official New User Introduction Thread

Hello another newbie here and a massive star wars fan .

Have currently made three scratch built props , an e 11 stormtrooper rifle with leds and metal working stock .

A scout trooper pistol

Also a boba Fett Carbine jedi rifle, also in the process of making a tie pilot bust with fiberglass helmet but scratch built chest box . Would love to get some feedback from you talented guys when I can figure out how to get the piccies on here .

Cheers.

Hello all!
My name is Paul and I'm a musician from Charlotte, NC.
I have been a movie memorabilia collector for years now and I'm finally joining you guys. I am very pleased to be here and hope to be able to collaborate on such a fun hobby with you all.
Thanks!

Hey guys! I joined a few months ago after finding this site while researching either Halo stuff or Star Wars stuff, I can't remember which. In any event, I'm glad I found it! I'm just starting out on prop building, but I've uncovered a wealth of ideas and advice already!

I'm a big fan of Star Wars, Indy, Star Trek, Ghostbusters, Firefly, well, pretty much anything sci-fi action or horror.

At the moment I'm working on all the old projects I've accumulated, since I'm on disability and can't really blow a lot of money on new projects. What I lack in cash though I make up for in time, so I'm always looking out for stuff that people with real budgets feel isn't worth their time. Bad pulls, warped items, damaged items, removing bad paint jobs, that kind of thing. If you've got some junk, I'm likely interested. Of course, not till I finish my 20 posts. I'm not trying to skirt the rules or anything.

Hi peeps,
I'm new here, I've never really done much model making, but I'd like to get into it. The most I've done was a cyclops visor ... and I haven't finished it yet hahaha

Hello everyone,

My name is Zyle. I'm 19 years old, and live in the USA. Ever since I was a kid, I have wanted to create various trinkets and gizmos that I've seen in movies, comics, and video games; but sadly I never had the means to do so.

I stumbled upon this site while starting on a project; recreating the armor and weaponry of War from the Darksiders video game. However, the more planning I did, the more complex the procedure became.

I have no prior experience with creating props or anything of the like, so this should be quite an interesting journey.

My background consists of mostly programming, IT, and (slight) electronics tinkering. What I don't have in experience, I make up in with dedication, and the strive for perfection (well, as close as I can get that is).

Hello to u all, I to am a movie buff and should fit in perfectly here.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back