new material possibilties

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Hardscaper

Hello everyone, I am a concrete contractor and we use X/O board(pvc Siding) it is the make up of Sintra although you can purchase it up to an inch thick and as wide as 12". It might work well back pack construction. You can buy it at most hardware stores, home depot. I have not heated it up completely but we have heated it on job sites to make a tighter radius. I will be try to heat up and let everyone know outcome. also because it is an inch thick you would be able to rotor detail in.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Hardscaper

Hello everyone, I am a concrete contractor and we use X/O board(pvc Siding) it is the make up of Sintra although you can purchase it up to an inch thick and as wide as 12". It might work well back pack construction. You can buy it at most hardware stores, home depot. I have not heated it up completely but we have heated it on job sites to make a tighter radius. I will be try to heat up and let everyone know outcome. also because it is an inch thick you would be able to rotor detail in.
Ok , i heated the material for 20 minutes at 230 degrees, and bingo, flexible. bent in a perfect round shape, no problem. I must re-think some of my armor now.

Hardscaper

Ok , i heated the material for 20 minutes at 230 degrees, and bingo, flexible. bent in a perfect round shape, no problem. I must re-think some of my armor now. also because of the thickness it might work by screwing pieces together instead of glueing