New mask paintups

skunk

I was recently asked if I could paint one of my closed mouths in the style of one of mangrasshoppers (Joe) Narin badblood schemes,
This one to be precise
http://www.modelzone.com/mangrasshopper/in...lbum&id=225
I asked Joe if he would mind.....and he didn't ....cheers Joe
Now....mine didn't come out anywhere near as good as joes as...well...lets face it...he is FAR superior to me in the painting department but this is not something I have a great deal of experience with so it's all part of a learning curve for me.....and good practice too lol.
It will also look diferent as it is not the same pred either so I had to make a few small changes.
I have also made a stand to match the bio.
...enough waffle..here's the pics
newpicsofSimonspaintup4.jpg

newpicsofSimonspaintup5.jpg

newpicsofSimonspaintup6.jpg

newpicsofSimonspaintup10.jpg

newpicsofSimonspaintup2.jpg

newpicsofSimonspaintup3.jpg

newpicsofSimonspaintup15.jpg

newpicsofSimonspaintup16.jpg

I liked Joes paintup....and thought it might look alright on one of my open mouths aswell...so I had a go and this is how it turned out

nomplnbb3.jpg

nomplnbb8.jpg

nomplnbb7.jpg

nomplnbb6.jpg

nomplnbb5.jpg

Thanks to Simon for setting me the chalenge...and thanks to Joe (mangrasshopper) for the permission.
Thanks for looking
Lee

damn Lee, those look awesome. nice job recreating those!
it's a bit hard to see the detail on the dome, but it looks good man

Cheers folks.....i'll try and get some better pics this afternoon so you can see the crown a bit better.

Cheers Jimmy...got some better pics of the crown...for the open mouth at least...cant take any more pics of the closed mouth as I dont have it any more lol.
mghbbcuoc1.jpg

mghbbcuoc6.jpg

mghbbcuoc5.jpg

mghbbcuoc4.jpg

mghbbcuoc3.jpg

Thanks again

WOW, those are great looking paint jobs. I really like the look of those certain two masks with those paint schemes. Very well done!

ooooooh! thanks for the better pics!
really nice workk there Lee.
i really like the lights spots with the dark outline.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back