New Martian helmet model and build

Very cool. That is a heavy duty machine. Don't think it thinned out much. Barely made it at the bottom. Do you know what material was used for the buck?
Yeah, It's an interesting subject. It's actually silicone with a plaster core due to negative draft around the ear-area. When the shot is pulled and cooled, the inner core is removed first and the silicone skin after that. Works fine but needs some extra time to cool between shots.

Nice trick! No wonder it took so long. I received my acrylics and will try soon. Actually flying through Copenhagen tomorrow quite close to Gothenburg...

Right now I favor a negative buck and vacuum to pull heated PETG sheets into it. Not sure what you mean by gravity form? Pushing the buck into the heated sheet?
Not pushing the buck in. Positive buck, bake or otherwise heat material, drape over buck, pull if needed, then cool.

Exchanged the emergency text as well with parts printed with a 0.2mm nozzle at 0.05mm layer height.

Working out the blue for the bottom part and clamps that I like. The foundation on primer is Turbo Dork blue steel (I hate 0.67oz bottles, now I have to wait for more), Layers of Alclad transparent blue ALC-403, transparent smoke ALC-405 and Aqua gloss clear ( I love the Alclad stuff). Last picture clamp on the left is the final result. Maybe less blue more smoke but this is close to what I want.

Attachments

• IMG_2874_DxO.jpg
    IMG_2874_DxO.jpg
    1,020.7 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_2875_DxO.jpg
    IMG_2875_DxO.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 300
  • IMG_2877_DxO.jpg
    IMG_2877_DxO.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Moving along Alclad Airframe aluminium for the AL parts. protected by Aqua gloss clear. Made a shiny visor until I get around making a transparent one.
IMG_2888_DxO.jpg
IMG_2889_DxO.jpg

That looks awesome buddy! Any progress on the dome? I've been trimming the pieces I've received and it's nerve-wrecking, serious measure 5 times, cut once-business.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back