New Looney Tunes

The Looney Tunes Show was the best series they made. It was a sitcom based on Bugs and Daffy living together. Lola was a psycho girlfriend, the neighbors hated but tolerated Daffy, etc.

They only made 2 seasons, and I was glad to get them on Amazon on sale for $10.00 a season, digitally.

I take it that series was made for adults because I don't think any kid under the age of 13 that would be even remotely interested in that.

Looney Tunes was also the company that put out all of the classic cartoons in the 40's and 50's. I actually never heard of the TV show with Bugs and Daffy living together so when I think of Looney Tunes I think of the original classics which of course would not be PC so most of them can't be shown on TV anymore. What got me was finding out that they even censored some of these shows back in the 70's or 80's because they were supposedly too violent for the young minds of the time.

Looney Tunes was also the company that put out all of the classic cartoons in the 40's and 50's. I actually never heard of the TV show with Bugs and Daffy living together so when I think of Looney Tunes I think of the original classics which of course would not be PC so most of them can't be shown on TV anymore. What got me was finding out that they even censored some of these shows back in the 70's or 80's because they were supposedly too violent for the young minds of the time.
That’s my question, if the originals are too “graphic” or too much for kids to handle, why not just make a new show? Why bring back beloved characters that really only adults or older people are familiar with or can appreciate, and change them? I think if they are gonna bring them back, since most of the people who grew up with them are older, why not make the show like it was and maybe even give it a little more edge like a show like the Simpsons or Family Guy. That would make more sense to me.

The new looney tunes will still have Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam but they will not have their guns. WHY EVEN BRING THEM BACK THEN? Their gonna give Elmer a scythe? Who hunts rabbits with a scythe? This is why I am against pretty much any and all remake/reboot/“reimaginings

Yeah scythes and TNT are fine, but no guns. W.T.F.? Eventually in the U.S. every show will just be people sitting, quietly, staring at a blank wall so absolutely no one is offended by anything. Idiots.

The original Warner Brothers Looney Tunes were not made for children. They were made for adults, to be shown before adult movies. WB made some Looney Tunes just for the Military services and were never intended for general audiences.

David.

I saw this coming about 10 years ago. There is the classic cartoon where Yosemite Sam and Bugs Bunny are both in a saloon. Yosemite Sam shows off his shooting prowess by throwing a tin can up in the air and shooting holes in it then the canned falls to the floor. Then Bugs Bunny picks it up throws the can up in the air does not shoot until the can is falling and just as it passes Yosemite Sam‘s face Bugs fires blasting a shot into Sam’s mug. Of course cartoons don’t die so it showed Sam standing there with that surprised, scorched faced, hilarious look on his face. This episode came out about 40 years ago.
Ten years ago I happened to catch the same episode and I was shocked. They changed that scene where now Bugs actually shoots the can in the air and come to find out, instead of bullets, Bugs’ gun is loaded with cork plugs! Now Bugs shoots the can up in the air and he shoots cork plugs in the can that Sam just bullet riddle.

THAT’S when I saw the sign of the times.

I saw this coming about 10 years ago. There is the classic cartoon where Yosemite Sam and Bugs Bunny are both in a saloon. Yosemite Sam shows off his shooting prowess by throwing a tin can up in the air and shooting holes in it then the canned falls to the floor. Then Bugs Bunny picks it up throws the can up in the air does not shoot until the can is falling and just as it passes Yosemite Sam‘s face Bugs fires blasting a shot into Sam’s mug. Of course cartoons don’t die so it showed Sam standing there with that surprised, scorched faced, hilarious look on his face. This episode came out about 40 years ago.
Ten years ago I happened to catch the same episode and I was shocked. They changed that scene where now Bugs actually shoots the can in the air and come to find out, instead of bullets, Bugs’ gun is loaded with cork plugs! Now Bugs shoots the can up in the air and he shoots cork plugs in the can that Sam just bullet riddle.

THAT’S when I saw the sign of the times.
Yeah, and Elmer Fudd would shoot Daffy and Bugs all the time and that’s all that would ever happen. They would get a burnt scorched look and usually turn to the camera and say something funny. No death, gore, blood or guts. If kids today can play Fortnite constantly, and other semi realistic violent video games, I think they can handle seeing Daffy get “shot” and make a funny joke. But who are we?

Yet, most all of the old Luney Tunes are on Boomerang, I watch 'em all the time. Elmer still shoots wabbits and ducks, Sam still shoots guns and cannons.

.....Why didn't the coyote ever just get a gun?

They are worried about kids seeing this and using guns (like they have in the U.S. for centuries...). Well if that was true, and maybe it's just me, but I'd feel better about a kid hunting a rabbit with a rifle than seeing kids running around blowing the hell out of little bunnies with TNT. :lol:

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back