new Licensed Kurgan Helmet with major changes...

hey gys and gals... i have been in works with Davis/Panzer productions for a few months and have been awarded several licenses to produce and the first, of course, was the kurgan helmet... after talking with Peter davis i took my helmet and my screen used one and went to town on making changes... i changed the texture of the helmet, adding more spongey bone to it, i added more texture and lines to the back and completly redid the spine bones... i think its a much more menacing helmet now... i also changed the process.. with help from a good friend and prop maker i am now making the helmets excatly how they did in the film.. using powders in teh mold and fiberglass laying... its super lightweight and stronger than my original... i am redoing the hair mounts now but this is a quick post on the helmet.. all helmets will be numbered, the insides will be lined with a light felt and will have the official placard attached... anyway heres a few pics to compare the old with the new... ill be posting in differant threads all that i am making for DP productions but i want to start here because you guys were here with me the entire time i redid the first one...
enough chatter lol...
IMAG1209.jpg

IMAG1210.jpg

IMAG1212.jpg

IMAG1213.jpg

newhelmet.jpg

new2.jpg

front.jpg

why not cast the original? its the original, one of a kind, only 4 of them left that im aware of, and how many screen used things are used for official props? this is something that is not the original but maintains the spirit of it...

why not cast the original? its the original, one of a kind, only 4 of them left that im aware of, and how many screen used things are used for official props? this is something that is not the original but maintains the spirit of it...

EFX comes to mind... :)

i have alot of screen used stuff and if i make copies of them then the original looses its excitment.. dont get me wrong, the original kurgan helmet is a masterpiece but i was hired and paid to make something that wasnt the original but was just as sexy lol..

The original may loose a little of the excitement for the original buyer but then that little bit of excitement gets passed onto hundreds of fans everywhere. A worthwhile tradeoff in my opinion.

Prop collectors freak out and open there wallets when something is cast directly off an original. It's almost like owning an original. A little bit of the original magic, ya know. Who wouldn't want that!?

Prop collectors LOVE screen used cast pieces.

Nick

hi im currently building a custom motorcycle known as a streetfighter with the highlander as the theme i would love to purchase one of these but seems ive missed the boat so to speak anyone know where i can get one they are amazing i tried to build my own but just couldnt get it right

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back