new Licensed Kurgan Helmet with major changes...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Chris Fields

The original may loose a little of the excitement for the original buyer but then that little bit of excitement gets passed onto hundreds of fans everywhere. A worthwhile tradeoff in my opinion.

Prop collectors freak out and open there wallets when something is cast directly off an original. It's almost like owning an original. A little bit of the original magic, ya know. Who wouldn't want that!?

Prop collectors LOVE screen used cast pieces.

Nick

Irish has put a ton of work in making this helmet available, he doesn't want to cast the original. I wouldn't either. It kinda defeats the purpose of all the work he's been doing. Plus, as an artisan, I'm sure he'd rather sell his own work, rather than casts of some one else's work, even if it's the original piece. I feel the same way. If you like this helmet, then get one. I wish I could, Irish has been putting out some fantastic work. But don't complain when he doesn't want to cast his own collection pieces from other makers.

falken108

I know this is a really old thread, however, I just noticesd it.
Was the helmet that was used for the production run, a completly new sculpt ?
Or was it the reworked helmet you bought from me.
If the reworked one was used, I hope the original sculptor, Pete Mander was also at least credited for his work.

irishamericanlad

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Everyone knows that he was the original sculptor, i give him props at every turn.. And it's good to know that I changed more than 50 percent of the helmet into a completely new thing..