New Jumanji Movie Discussion

JumanjiFan112

I just wanted to make this thread to discuss the upcoming film and possible aspects/theories anyone may have about it.

Recently, The Rock posted on Instagram that the new movie would be a continuation and not a remake.
So would that mean they would have to either rebuild or reuse the same game board props from the first film?

I'd like to hear your thoughts about it.
I myself am very excited for this movie.

i kinda like the idea of it being a sequel and not a reboot. when is it suppose to be released?

A good sequel with love and with a new board looking like the original and not again a comedy with bad CGI effects, but it will be sure a remake.

I thought Zathura was the Jumanji sequel.

A lot of people thought this as well. Though the only thing tying the two films together besides the concept of a board game making things happen is that the original books were both written by Chris Van Allsburg. They piggybacked on Jumanji to promote the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

i loved that movie too... surprised now one ever made a replica of that board

I agree, it would be quite a project to replicate. What's cool is that they had a behind the scenes about making the Zathura game itself and boy is it complicated. It would have been a grand bit of information for us prop makers if they did that for Jumanji as well.

But we already know how the original Jumanji boards were made, one was carved out of wood (except for the play board and the front relief, which were sculpted by a separate artist and cast in resin) by a local woodworker, then that was the hero prop, of which 7 copies were made, some opening, some closed, most out of hard resin, some out of hard foam.

The Zathura board... I'd love to make it, but the only way I could really think of doing it would be a vacuum form with a giant printed sheet to get that fantastic pressed tin look. Maybe that can be my next project, but it's not a simple one.

I think with filming for the new film to start in a few weeks, we might be getting some snooped pictures from location shots. One has to eventually have the board, and we'll finally get to see whether the board is a remake of the original, or a new design. I hope it's a new design, means more things to make!

I personally didn't like Zathura... I'd need to watch it again as it's been a few years now, but I don't recall liking it...

I am really happy to hear it's a sequel though, and not a reboot. I was hoping they would take it back to where it left of, France :p
But it's more likely that it won't x)

I am also wondering what the board will look like. Probably more or less the same I suppose if it's a sequel... I wonder if Van Pelt will return :p

Its got 'going to suck' written all over it.......why can't they just leave great films alone:facepalm
I'll leave my horror and fear of the project existing until after the film has come out. Until then, I'm just going to hope that it all goes better than expected. And hey, we might get more props to make out of it :)

I had at first head it was a remake, to which they might as well spit on Robin Williams grave. A sequel would feel a bit better.

That is extremely harsh. It isn't even remotely disrespectful to someone to remake one of their movies. It actually is a compliment (regardless of the eventual quality of the product) because it means that the original has enough oomph with fans and general audience due to how good it was, that it is classed as a good idea to remake it.

When the film turns out to be not quite so good (which Ill grant you is more often than not) then yes, it's not great. But it hardly constitutes spitting on someones grave! Every opinion is so extreme nowadays...

Now as far as I've read, this is looking like a sequel? The Rock has some great comedy, Jack Black as long as he is utilised right and Kevin Hart can both be hilarious too. It actually will work well that this will be three fairly well knowns together, rather than just one of them helming it with unknowns. They should balance each other out well (Central Intelligence, Tropic Thunder etc)

Kristen Stewart zapped frozen and speechless?
Isn't that every part she's ever played?

That is extremely harsh. It isn't even remotely disrespectful to someone to remake one of their movies. It actually is a compliment (regardless of the eventual quality of the product) because it means that the original has enough oomph with fans and general audience due to how good it was, that it is classed as a good idea to remake it.

When the film turns out to be not quite so good (which Ill grant you is more often than not) then yes, it's not great. But it hardly constitutes spitting on someones grave! Every opinion is so extreme nowadays...

Now as far as I've read, this is looking like a sequel? The Rock has some great comedy, Jack Black as long as he is utilised right and Kevin Hart can both be hilarious too. It actually will work well that this will be three fairly well knowns together, rather than just one of them helming it with unknowns. They should balance each other out well (Central Intelligence, Tropic Thunder etc)
Sequel or reboot - it doesn't matter to me. Jumanji isn't so beloved that any palpable legacy would be harmed by either treatment. Heck, I wouldn't even mind if Paul Feig took a shot at this.

Isn't that every part she's ever played?

Sequel or reboot - it doesn't matter to me. Jumanji isn't so beloved that any palpable legacy would be harmed by either treatment. Heck, I wouldn't even mind if Paul Feig took a shot at this.

*hears a faint boom in the distance as the Ghostbusters detractors break the sound barrier as they accelerate to attack velocity*

So I was scrolling through the Rocks instagram and saw that he posted concept art for his character in the film, named The Smoldering Dr. Bravestone. I would post the pic here but I'm on mobile.

He looks very 'Indiana Jones'

So I was scrolling through the Rocks instagram and saw that he posted concept art for his character in the film, named The Smoldering Dr. Bravestone. I would post the pic here but I'm on mobile.

He looks very 'Indiana Jones'

this one?

CrXmwwoXgAAgpcv.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I have been on a hunt for jumanji on bluray... Can't find it in stores anywhere.. Gonna have to Amazon it

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back