New Indiana Jones Items from Disney - Sankara Stone, Crystal Skull, Holy Grail, Idol, Staff of Ra headpiece

Oh and I´vd found this in another thread here...the stunt and the heroskull...

Screen shot 2011-02-19 at 10.46.42 PM.jpg

Head piece sold out. Voodoo doll still there as well as the Skull.

Question for you Disney collectors. Will Disney put the Skull on sale if the stock isn't moving? Once the doll sells out, that will mean everything has come and gone with the exception of the Skull rather quickly..

I´ve found only 2. One is complete out of shape and the other is missing the "ears" and is from a recaster(reelart):(
I found this guy online. Don’t know anything about his stuff, but he offers a kit if you want to DIY.

Question for you Disney collectors. Will Disney put the Skull on sale if the stock isn't moving? Once the doll sells out, that will mean everything has come and gone with the exception of the Skull rather quickly..
I don’t know what Disney’s policy is with lowering prices on collectors items. Mostly because the last Indy offering of the Idol sold out quickly. I’m thinking if the skull inventory hangs around for a while, they’ll either lower the price, or start offering it in their sales; ie 25% off, etc. As much as I love the skull, $250 is a lot to ask folks to shell out these days.

So I had to return the head piece of Ra due to the display base tab breaking during transit. Why they don't ship the base in a seperate slot is beyond me. I've seen a few people post pictures with the same broken tab. Anyway, they put an order in for a replacement, but e-mailed me today saying they sold out, so they canceled the replacement order and sent me a refund. Looks like I'm SOL on this one unless they get more in stock.

Last edited:
Mine was broken in shipping also. It seems like it’s a common occurrence with this item. I just crazy glued mine right along the break and it’s fine. It’s irritating though, and you’re right; they should’ve packed the base separately from the headpiece. :mad:

Question for you Disney collectors. Will Disney put the Skull on sale if the stock isn't moving? Once the doll sells out, that will mean everything has come and gone with the exception of the Skull rather quickly…
The Indy jacket and shirt are now on sale with a slight markdown, so maybe the skull is next.

I just got Sarednab's headpiece in so here's a 8-way comparison:

AliExpress / Disney

AliExpress Vs Disney Medallions.jpg

Sarednab / Relicmaker

Relicmaker vs Sarednab 01.jpg

MK (Bronze) (Acme is similar, but not bronze) / Indy Magnoli (bronze):

MK vs IndyMagnoli.jpg

Resin Copy Of Lucasfilm Obscured Tailfeather Version (also seen in Magnoli version above) / BamBox (Original Opaque Red Jewel Version)

Resin Vs BamBox.jpg

Last edited:
Note I retook the MK / IndyMagnoli photos to match the same background and lighting above (it's edited so some might need to look again).

Actually, the AliExpress is better than I thought it would be.

It's very thin and coin-like, but it has nice details on it despite not being very screen accurate.

Got my headpiece today. Luckily my base didn't get damaged in shipping. I'm somewhat disappointed in the headpiece though, as it has a number of marks/indentations from the manufacturing process. Photos I've seen here and elsewhere online have the same markings so it was expected, but I was hoping they were exaggerated due to lighting, angle, etc. The thing is definitely heavy. Probably the heaviest of all the ones I have.

Actually, the AliExpress is better than I thought it would be.

Yeah, I needed a cheap one just to temporarily fill the hole on the shelf. If you replace the beads with real coral and turquoise and give it an acrylic wash, it looks really convincing. Being too flat doesn't matter for display.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back