New Indiana Jones Items from Disney - Sankara Stone, Crystal Skull, Holy Grail, Idol, Staff of Ra headpiece

Just received my Idol today. It's identical to the 40th anniversary one they released a few months ago.
Definitely taller than the original, and also definitely the stunt version, but the finish is pretty solid and very, very shiny. It's a little lighter than I was expecting, but on the whole I am very pleased with it.

Just received my Idol today. It's identical to the 40th anniversary one they released a few months ago.
Definitely taller than the original, and also definitely the stunt version, but the finish is pretty solid and very, very shiny. It's a little lighter than I was expecting, but on the whole I am very pleased with it.
Awesome score congrats

Landron has stones back in stock. Just paid.

Disney idol coming.

I’m happy with my budget set.

Going to buy a few paints and just work on my Etsy grail. Should be pretty easy.

So it looks like the Idol is gone. Nows there's a shirt. And why are people on Ebay buying the stones for more than they can buy them direct from Disney??

If the Idol is no longer available online, does this mean its only available at the parks and how long will these remain available to buy

Last edited:
Look what just showed up! I'm super happy with it. It's HEAVY. Like probably over 5lb. Basically seems built the same was as the Sankra stone. hollow thick resin with the texturing effect on the inside. Also when the light is off, its overall a bit darker than I expected.

The main body could be resin, but the face and jaw are definitely injection molded plastic. You can see some seamlines from the mold, and some surface "cracks" and swirls from the injection plastic, mostly inside the eye holes which are very deep.

The light fades on when you switch it on and fades out when you turn it off. Light seems to come from the center of the skull, but lights up the eyes well because the sockets are so deep. Also the batteries are included (3x AAA)

My only complaint really is that the majority of the skull dome is completely smooth, doesnt have any suture details like it should, but hypothetically you could probably engrave those into the resin easily enough by hand. Also kind of wish the light slowly pulsed.

I'll do a proper video review when I get home tonight.

IMG_5659.jpeg

Theres also this weird color wash on the inside that comes off as irridecent blue when light hits it, but brownish yellow when the internal light is on, which is weird.

IMG_5674.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5660.jpeg
    IMG_5660.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5661.jpeg
    IMG_5661.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5662.jpeg
    IMG_5662.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_5663.jpeg
    IMG_5663.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 233
  • IMG_5664.jpeg
    IMG_5664.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5666.jpeg
    IMG_5666.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_5667.jpeg
    IMG_5667.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_5668.jpeg
    IMG_5668.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_5669.jpeg
    IMG_5669.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5670.jpeg
    IMG_5670.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_5671.jpeg
    IMG_5671.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_5675.jpeg
    IMG_5675.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Looks awesome! So hows the size overall, I mean its 1:1 scale but its closer then the 9.25" long projector. Im a little saddened by the eye "crack marks" you've pointed out. Hope thats not on every single one.

It feels big enough in hand, but yeah its not the 15" the original was. If anything you could say this was the smaller Roswell alien's skull. It's already heavy enough though, I'm not sure id want it much bigger.

The texture inside is impressive, considering its just molded detail. There is no cellophane or anything inside filling it out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back