New Indiana Jones Items from Disney - Sankara Stone, Crystal Skull, Holy Grail, Idol, Staff of Ra headpiece

For the price, what is everyone's opinion on the idol?

For price and height, very good.

But I have not seen the Etsy darkmatterprops in person.

But this idol is far superior to the toynk, laretrotienda (apparently he is a mold stealer), etc.

It comes down to wanting to spend $100ish or $400ish.

I can’t find a proper painted grail for $50ish so I am just going to try and paint the one I have better.

not sure about the parks release unless they hit the other stores on the strip. Indiana Jones outpost isn't open, and they didn't know when it's coming back. I just was there Sunday for Father's Day

Edit: why Disney and not Hollywood studios? Thats where the attraction is.
It depends if you’re in fl or Cal. In Anaheim, Indiana Jones is in Disneyland park and not California adventure.

They're all officially up for sale. Ooof.

Honestly the photo of the sankara stone looks much better than the original ones. And is this idol the same one that sold out immediately and then was reselling at markups.

The crystal skull looks not too shabby. If you can deal with the smaller size, it’s not bad at all.

So, these will be here for a while, correct? Newly released online and will remain available in the parks for an indefinite time, I'm sure. Guessing there may be a limited amount available online before becoming park only items.

Yes-No??

It’s funny, but if we’re going for onscreen accuracy, none of these props with the possible exception of the fertility idol would be in Indy’s collection. The surviving Sankara stone Indy retrieved was returned to the village it was stolen from. The grail (or Cup of ******) never made it out of the boobytrapped cave, and Indy couldn’t wait to get rid of the alien skull and returned it to the waiting spaceship. The only relic Indy truly pursued was the fertility idol. Since we never saw him go the Marrakesh on screen, he probably picked on up on eBay or Etsy.
; )

I already have one Idol payed the after market prices when they sold out the first time . Snagged another at that price its a no brainer IMO
The Cup is hideous and was never a fan of the skull may order the stone when it pops up.

I went for the Idol and skull. I know the skull isn't 100 percent and is also smaller but it's completely fine for me. The rest didn't do it for me. The general feedback for the idol has been pretty positive. I didn't go for the others. The head piece release in the fall has me interested but I would like to see more of it and hear responses before making a decision. The doll will also be ignored

I went for the Idol and skull. I know the skull isn't 100 percent and is also smaller but it's completely fine for me. The rest didn't do it for me. The general feedback for the idol has been pretty positive. I didn't go for the others. The head piece release in the fall has me interested but I would like to see more of it and hear responses before making a decision. The doll will also be ignored
The Idol is awesome . The plating is really nice . I have had the exspensive bragging Idols for 1000 from Skunky and others with the the glass eyes and removable back it wasn't screen accurate . None of the Idols you see on here that make the claim"this was off the mold or an original Idol " is true IMO . You will love the idol great choice best out there IMO price not counting.

Last edited:
I don't know... judging by the sizing given in the ads, the idol looks oversized, not undersized.
It’s not enough close to oversized . Maybe smaller if you want to judge the size . Thing is there not making a claim about it being casted or pulled . It’s a nice licensed rendition .

Last edited:
I have one lol It’s around 8 . The facial features are Proportioned properly. Almost all the expensive idols mouths look like Mick Jagger . Your Getting those measurements from where the plaster one that sold? with all do respect Height doesnt Necessarily mean it’s accurate when mouth looks like Jagger .

Last edited:
Looking closer at the skull, and it looks to me like those bottom portion that has been airbrushed around the edges actually looks like a separate piece. It would make sense that theyd need to make it in halves if the inside detail is actually molded inside and not saran wrap.

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 6.42.59 PM.png

I have one lol It’s around 8 . The facial features are Proportioned properly. Almost all the expensive idols mouths look like Mick Jagger . Your Getting those measurements from where the plaster one that sold? with all do respect Height doesnt Necessarily mean it’s accurate when mouth looks like Jagger .
Could you post a picture of what you mean about the mouth? The one being sold by Disney has stunt idol mouth with the droopy corners, not the more accurate rounded mouth of the Hero idol. That's the biggest disappointment for me... that they have the license to do this prop and yet they do a B-prop version instead of the Hero idol. It doesn't make any sense.... it's just laziness.

Could you post a picture of what you mean about the mouth? The one being sold by Disney has stunt idol mouth with the droopy corners, not the more accurate rounded mouth of the Hero idol. That's the biggest disappointment for me... that they have the license to do this prop and yet they do a B-prop version instead of the Hero idol. It doesn't make any sense.... it's just laziness.
But here is the problem where are they gonna get an original Idol from Lucas? lol yea right . I don't think they are trying to be the end all Idols especially for 100 bucks . Sad to day I don't think you're ever going to get that Idol . Trust I would fork out 1000 all day if one came up . Show me a high end Idol where the plating has
B82E04AC-76AA-4F89-B2D8-78A41765F75C_1_201_a.jpeg
not come off after a couple years . This really looks like the plating will last IMO . I don't want to pull up past renditions and pick them apart .

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back