New Indiana Jones game announced

They already tried with the tomb raider exclusives. (timed and extra levels)
Didn't go over well.

Ironically tomb raider originally came out on the PS2 and PC.

I've been wanting an Uncharted style Indy game ever since I first played Drake's Fortune. I'm cautiously optimistic (which is a term I'm getting really sick of using when it comes to video games nowadays).

As soon as I posted this I saw another story about them hiring a person for "friendly microtransactions". So I can't wait to have my gold whip and a pimp hat for Indy... So I'm switching from hopeful to skeptical.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Just better graphics and you have the best possible game.

As someone who grew up obsessing over LucasArts point and click adventure games (heck, I still do - I'm working on a full sized Manny Calavera for my theater room), my hopes are near zero that anything ever licensed under the "LucasFilm Games" moniker will come even remotely close to the joy and awesomeness that was LucasArts 90's adventure gaming.

We should refrain from making too many assumptions based on the teaser trailer, it doesn't even state what kind of game it will be. Machine games has a hefty FPS history after all.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Just better graphics and you have the best possible game.

I have that in my GOG games and I never played it yet. I think it came out when we had a really old PC and once high density disks came out, those games were too much for that PC. We got a modern PC in 94, but I think it came out before that.

Emperor's Tomb is by far my favorite Indiana Jones game, so I'm hoping they'll take inspiration from that. Great puzzle solving, combat, and awesome story! The environments also pay homage to a lot of classic Indy locations, like ancient temples in jungles, and gothic castles in Europe. It recently came onto steam if you guys want to give it a try. Highly recommend it!

If it can match even one of the lesser Uncharted games, it’ll be good. I’m not expecting it to be as good as 2 or 4, though. Those were near masterpieces. I feel it’ll probably be geared more towards a brawler rather than a third-person shooter. Indy doesn’t use his gun nearly as much as Nate does. Who knows, though. We’ll just have to wait and see.

If it can match even one of the lesser Uncharted games, it’ll be good. I’m not expecting it to be as good as 2 or 4, though. Those were near masterpieces. I feel it’ll probably be geared more towards a brawler rather than a third-person shooter. Indy doesn’t use his gun nearly as much as Nate does. Who knows, though. We’ll just have to wait and see.
I kind of picture it like the recent Mad Max game as far as the gun/brawling interplay. It gets lumped into that Arkham/Shadow of Mordor style but it really fits someone like Max and I could see it being the same for Indy. Blocking blows, redirecting enemies into crowds of other enemies, a couple elbows here and there, and then the pistol for crowd control or quickly dealing with armed melee foes.

I kind of picture it like the recent Mad Max game as far as the gun/brawling interplay. It gets lumped into that Arkham/Shadow of Mordor style but it really fits someone like Max and I could see it being the same for Indy. Blocking blows, redirecting enemies into crowds of other enemies, a couple elbows here and there, and then the pistol for crowd control or quickly dealing with armed melee foes.
Good point. To add, as much as I loved the Arkham games, the combat became too forgiving as the series went on. With Mad Max though, you could easily swing and miss or have your combo interupted. Imagine that frenzied combat but in a streets of Cairo type setting with crowds and an environment to interact with. It would really lend itself to Indy's scrappy saloon style fighting.
Emperor's Tomb is by far my favorite Indiana Jones game, so I'm hoping they'll take inspiration from that. Great puzzle solving, combat, and awesome story! The environments also pay homage to a lot of classic Indy locations, like ancient temples in jungles, and gothic castles in Europe. It recently came onto steam if you guys want to give it a try. Highly recommend it!
I loved how his hat would fall off sometimes. I never felt like I could continue playing without grabbing it and putting it back on.

I actually found the Max Max game to be quite lackluster in the combat department with the good really coming from the world and car weapons (although finding every scrap and some of the challenges were a terrible chore that hurt the game).

With video games, it’s always best to go low expectations and be pleasantly surprised lol. The presence of microtransactions is worrying but given these guys made the recent Wolfensteins which were heavily praised (although not my kind of game), I am interested in seeing what they come up with.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back