New In Progress Giger Alien Xenomorph Outfit - Completed

Re: New In Progress Giger Alien Xenomorph Outfit - Sculpting Head Again

I think smoothon makes a non yellowing minimal bubble clear resin. The product name slips my memory at the moment.

Astounding work. Would really like to get one of your suits when you make them available. Cant wait to see the finished head.

Have question as to the wet suits you are using. The ones that i have found have knee and elbow pads attached. do you remove them or have a brand without them. I want to go with the wet suit as i feel it is a more stable platform then just a regular lycra suit. any help is appreciated.

thanks!

I am using suits bought from tommydsports. 1MM wetsuits. They do not have the added padding. The suits are easy to work with when attaching the pieces and painting.

Thanks for the info. Once funds allow i definately want one of your suits or kit.

Thanks again, I enjoy working on this. Cant really tell much. But I did a lot of small detail around the black tubing. Sculpted the other side of the head and started smoothing it out. (the dark red.)

Pic1 preparing to make a snap mold for sculpting the dome....

Pic2 laying out tape and saran wrap as a barrier....

Pic3 I drew black lines to delineate the edges of the dome and layed up a first layer of fiberglass. After the glass is layed in I will pop the fiberglass off and I will have a structure to sculpt the dome....

Pic4 First layer of fiberglass cloth. You can tell by shadows how much time has gone by...

Still some canines to add top and bottom. But i hope it looks right.

Looks good. Are you going to add some lips or gum line to the upper teeth?

by no means is this a finished mouth. Ive already rotated and added some gums. ive also decided that the skull now needs to come forward 1/4in. I had hoped to get criticism or a discussion started on what looks good and what doesnt. Hearing from everyones creative minds gives me more ambition to keep going. Ive been looking at this thing for so long ive lost the ability to get that feeling from the original

Last edited:

I think you are doing a beautiful job. I often will change things three or four times before i am happy with something. I complement you on you attention to detail. Creative minds are never at rest, always looking at improving things. From the pictures I have of the original I feel your are capturing it beautifully if not better. Cant wait to see it finished.

Im trying to get that humanoid machine mixed with a panther with a horse mouth that ends up looking serpent-like. i know giger used horse and large feline teeth on the original, i shoulda just used the real animal teeth as well. Im sculpting it out of das clay over a urethane foam structure. Its a pain to sculpt large smooth areas and sand it to perfection. The advantage is that its not sculpted out of pliable clay so its solid at each new step. I also know that das clay wont react to tin based silicone so im safe there. Making the mold will be a monumental task in itself. I hope to post some new pictures by this weekend (hopefully a primer grey) so we can all see it as one form and not the sum of its parts.

Thanks again, working on this build makes a real dedication to a true alien in my visions.

I am now trying to work on the tongue

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back