New In Progress Giger Alien Xenomorph Outfit - Completed

Re: New In Progress Giger Alien Xenomorph Outfit - Body suit is done from neck to fee

Beautiful ... this is totally amazing ! Nice paint job too

Re: New In Progress Giger Alien Xenomorph Outfit - Body suit is done from neck to fee

Dam you for doing such a good job on this, now I have to add it to my ever growing costume build list, actually an Alien suit was already in the top 3 but who's counting :D

Well done!

Well how did I miss this???? Awesome work!

Great job! Makes me wish I were a skinny dude so I could wear something like that.

Oh, I'd need more height, too.

hey guys. thanks for the kind words. I haven't put something this complex together in a long time. I tried to sculpt a xenomorph that was different than what is currently available, yet stay true to the original. The paint job had me going round in circles. I had a hard time getting it to look complex and subtle at the same time, after i ahd the paintjob finished once. i didnt like it ...so i blacked it all out. twice...i didnt want it to look like paint. then i glosscoated it with a readily available product off the shelf at your local supercenter...

this is by far the best looking Alien suit I've seen anywhere. Even better than the costume ones I've seen for sale. There's no doubt from looking at it what it is. Put this under low light, add some light water mist/spray and some hanging chains and you could easily recreate a scene from the movie. well done sir :)

Very impressed with your work, your experience and inspiring craftmanship really shows in this build. I'm eager to see the entire head and suit fitted on an actual person. May I ask how you are gluing the latex to the wet suit because this is really stirring up temptations already.

again thanks!

I found Shoe Goo to be the best adhesive. I did play around with others but found the goo to be the best. It dried relatively quickly and when I pulled on it, it would near tear away.

prob the best suit out there, i like it alot :thumbsup

I really appreciate the great comments.

I thought I would show you the alien head I made over 8 years ago. I am currently working on the sculpture shown in pictures earlier in thread.

Any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated!

Spent the day putting latex into the molds. Here are the molds excluding the tail and ribcage molds. This is a lot of work. Not to mention trimming and getting rid of the seams. Then placing and gluing parts on the suit etc. Then painting.

Thanks!

Now that Halloween items are back on the shelves, I came across a skeleton head that I could use for my head sculpture. I originally had sculpted my own face.

Re: New In Progress Giger Alien Xenomorph Outfit - Starting to work on the head

Some more progress being made.

Smoothing out some rough spots

Pump for side of head...including the tubing that wraps under the backside of head

That is coming along nicely. Will you be offering the head with the suit once it is done?

Can't believe I've missed this build. Great work! :)

Thanks again!

I will offer the head along with the suit in the future.

Looking into possibly using remote device to operate the month or using just a cable device.

Excellent work!

If the people that make the Alien movies didn't use CGI I bet you would be hired real quick.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back