New images of Iron Man mk VII

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by King Ranger, Jan 23, 2012.

1. King Ranger

King Ranger Sr Member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. mrcome

mrcome New Member

yes !!

3. dualedge

dualedge Sr Member

First I've seen it.

I find it a bit surprising that they're going back to the round arc reactor (though I like it better than the triangular design.) Wonder if there's a particular reason for it.

Also don't care for the silver on the upper thighs. It's nitpicky, I know.

4. MrBibou

MrBibou Active Member

I actually like the new design, with some War machine parts.
    I still prefer the Mark IV, i don't know if it's me but i really don't dig the grey parts..

Why do they need to put grey again -,-
    The round RT return is a good news though, looks nicer imo :)

5. davy

davy Well-Known Member

holy s*** this suit looks realy brutal i love it !! a mix from mk3 and warmachine

6. Kevin Gossett

Kevin Gossett Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I wonder if the pose indicates a unibeam blast in the film?

7. third3ye

third3ye Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It's definitely starting to grow on me. When I first saw the raw statue I thought the MkIV and VI were the best designs, and I still do, but the MkVII is definitely catching up quickly. My biggest complaints are like everyone else's - the metallic silver on the thighs. Someone said the rumor is that this suit was designed for space flight, so perhaps the design team added those thigh components and the very obvious booster-looking components on the back reach over the shoulders. As for compliments - I LOVE the new back and I like the new chest piece, the designers were able to add more complexity w/o ruining the overall design.

From a pure design standpoint, it's not my fave, but I'm quite sure that when the movie hits and this suit shows its capabilities and how those silver components work into that, this will be THE badass armor to own out of Tony's collection.

8. NexusFX

NexusFX Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

good stuff, i totally agree with dualedge about the circle reactor and the silver, but i like the more sleek curves to the calves and thighs. although the mk vi is still my favorite this suit is a beauty.

9. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

Oh thank God! They went back to the circle arc reactor! :D

10. Celtic007

Celtic007 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Pretty much thought the exact same thing. The silver just looks out of place, and I do like the round reactor more.

11. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

Still not my fav a little better than the 6 and I am so glad they went back to the round unibeam. Still like the Mark3 best though. :)

12. nick daring

nick daring Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Glad to see the circular chest symbol.

Put this together for comparison-
    [​IMG]

I prefer the rounder shoulder pads. The flat tops make him look like a football player.

[​IMG]

The tall "Traps" armor looks awkward and "stuck-on" in my opinion. Not integrated into the over design.

Also-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nick

13. third3ye

On the topic of the shoulders, I actually think the look is a bit Gundam-ish, especially when you factor in the silver and red pods that go on the lats extending to the upper back. Again, still a bit iffy on this design but a cool evolution of the Mk3, just not the best one out there.

14. Darth Pinhead

Darth Pinhead Active Member

Thanks for putting that together, Nick. It's good to see that the designers decided to give Tony some quads, again. I couldn't stand that skinny look. I'm not completely sold on the silver, but it's not killing me. I really dig how they raised the ab plates and made them go higher up the torso; gives it a bit of a reptilian look. I've very glad the triangle is gone...

15. coofunkcurly

coofunkcurly Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I feel like they're trying too hard. :unsure

16. Mechinyun

Mechinyun Sr Member

Agreed on both!

17. Venjix

Venjix Well-Known Member

Glad they went back to the round unibeam but don't care too much for the silver thighs. Koto usually makes their figurines and statues a tiny bit on the skinny side though. Can't wait to see it on screen

18. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

nope not for me, i cant even tell why i dont like it tho

maybe it will grow on me, but so far, i like every previous version better than this

19. quovadis0920

quovadis0920 Sr Member

Oh yeah!:thumbsup

20. Spade

Spade New Member

I can't wait for the movie =]

21. Ribann

Ribann New Member

Awesome!

22. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

I like it! The round reactor is great, always hated the triangle one.

Rich

23. endo500

endo500 Active Member

well i will be the lone wolf to say i liked the Triangle armor. It had been a circle for decades and a was a nice change. Plus it was actually that way in the comics so I thought it was cool that the movie gave a nod to people who actually read the iron man comics.

I like bulkiness of the new armor. As if it is his heavy armor. I'm glad they are taking risks / changing his armor so it doesn't get stale. Again another throw back to the hall of armor days when Tony had a different suit for each situation.

24. third3ye

I noticed on the drawn pics floating around the web that Nick was gracious enough to consolidate and post on here that the silver parts on the statue have a more grayish tone in those images, and looks an even darker gray in the live shot of RDJ on the Empire cover (though that shot is probably part CG).

If they make this similar to the War Machine gray in the Avengers movie, I actually think that will improve the armor's look significantly.

25. TK9120

TK9120 Sr Member

Not crazy about this one. The silver on the thighs, shoulders and the abs look way too long. It will grow on me as did the original suit.

26. IFA

IFA Sr Member

To me, the chest is wayyyy tooo big !!! Look at the pic from the right side...too big, don't like this :thumbsdown

27. jonmelton

jonmelton New Member

I think it looks great! Can't wait to build it.