New Image Prop Replicas?

jusdrewit

Sr Member
Has anyone bought anything from them? I've been looking at their Scout Trooper helmets that are a little more reasonably priced then the creme of the crop RSProp Masters. They also sell other helmets that look pretty good to me but wanted the opinion of others far more experienced than me. Any thoughts?

Screenshot_20200326-101714.pngScreenshot_20200326-101717.pngScreenshot_20200326-101719.pngScreenshot_20200326-101722.pngScreenshot_20200326-101724.pngScreenshot_20200326-101727.png

I've been close to pulling the trigger on one for a couple of weeks now. He's answered all of my questions and the service seems really good. He does all the sculpts himself....really impressive work. I agree...the price is killer for getting such a clean all fiberglass helmet.

I've been close to pulling the trigger on one for a couple of weeks now. He's answered all of my questions and the service seems really good. He does all the sculpts himself....really impressive work. I agree...the price is killer for getting such a clean all fiberglass helmet.
Likewise, their completed product is less than other's kits, which has me eyeing them hard. I don't mind doing a kit, but having a clean fiberglass completed product is pretty desirable

I actually pulled the trigger on a clean version of their Scout helmet a few weeks ago. If there are no shipping delays, I should have it in hand in early April. I’ll comment here when it arrives.

I actually pulled the trigger on a clean version of their Scout helmet a few weeks ago. If there are no shipping delays, I should have it in hand in early April. I’ll comment here when it arrives.
That would be fantastic, take lots of pics too! I can't wait to see how it looks

I also ordered the Scout last week. I've wanted a Scout helmet so bad. Theirs is more affordable than any other finished one available, especially with how low the value of the British pound has been lately. I got mine for $290.

Last edited:
I also ordered the Scout last week. I've wanted a Scout helmet so bad. Theirs is more affordable than any other finished one available, especially with how low the value of the British pound has been lately. I got mine for $290.
I know, that's such a great deal. I hope you review yours as well, would love to see it.

Well, I got home today and found a package waiting for me...

4E247704-7EE3-4E0F-9471-C48CDD979CB3.jpeg

First impression:

It’s just about as good as it gets. When I looked at it, I definitely got the feeling I Was looking at the real thing. The proportions look right, and the overall shape is spot on.

The front of the helmet is abs plastic, and the base is resin. Because of this, the helmet has a nice weight to it. The helmet also fits my head well. It was a bit snug getting my ears into it, but once I got them in it actually fit nicely.

Overall Quality:

7AB535CA-AF66-4B5C-BB9E-ABDC12BC8320.jpeg

There are a few flaws in the helmet I received. There is some slight overspray on the snout. It looks like a little black paint got past the masking. If you zoom in on the first image, you can see it on the right side.

When I opened the helmet, I noticed a crack on the chin. I was pretty bummed to see this. The helmet was well packed in the box, so I don’t believe it was damaged in transit. Full disclosure, I have not contacted New Image about this issue yet. I honestly don’t know if I will. I don’t intend to troop in it, and it’ll spend most of its time on my shelf anyway.

Having said all of that, I still feel like the helmet is well made. It’s sturdy, and doesn’t feel cheap at all. Aside from the crack, I’m totally happy with it.

Accuracy:

6C5001FF-0003-432E-936F-A39F62C768A0.jpeg

If you’re looking for 100% screen accuracy, you probably won’t be totally satisfied. I feel like it’s really close though. I’m not an expert on Scout helmets, but I feel like this helmet has nowhere near as many flaws as the EFX. The faceplate closes completely, and the visor gap is nowhere near as big as the EFX.

B18B5205-8775-4B91-8445-E36955EBA60B.jpeg

Interior:

7EDEC3DA-B562-4167-94A0-A1641BAC5E40.jpeg

The interior comes complete with padding, and a chin cup. The cup on this helmet matches the chin cup that can be seen on screen used helmets. The black padding on the sides is there to make the ear vents appear black when looking at it from the front. As it was on the screen used helmets, there is no black mesh on the holes themselves.

DAFFD579-6DE1-4C33-9A12-27A64E2C1BBC.jpeg

Back:

This was another area where I thought there might be a flaw. The grooved stripes on the right side of the helmet seemed to be off on the far left. I got a picture of a screen used helmet, and it appears New Image got this right. I have included a picture of a screen used helmet below. You can see that the far left groove is larger on that helmet as well.

C6057C7B-FC88-4F3D-8215-1D0314A0B3B1.jpeg

1E0B9BEE-296C-43A0-A0A0-39A68D5A4EDE.png

7F1A7941.jpg
4E247704-7EE3-4E0F-9471-C48CDD979CB3.jpeg

I'm no biker scout helmet expert, and I know they're taken at different distances and angles, but that looks pretty good to me too, the RS is on the top. I'm impressed, that does suck about the crack in yours but I think your pics are enough for me to order my own, thanks for the review and for sharing!

Verdict:

For the price I paid, I’m incredibly happy with the purchase. Again, if you’re looking for absolute screen accuracy, it’s probably not for you. The fact that it’s partially resin, and not all abs plastic makes 100% screen accuracy a non-starter. If that doesn’t bother you, I highly recommend this helmet.

I keep saying it, but the price point alone makes it worth it. You get a fairly accurate, finished helmet, for the price of some kits.

5F6A7686-2793-400A-B4A6-80EFAB547A77.jpeg

92E51B36-E9ED-4B90-9324-A4927A7D26DF.jpeg

One final shot for size comparison. Both TK helmets are Anovos.

F7AB72FF-99DE-4EBC-9235-FD032CF00C3C.jpeg

View attachment 1280408View attachment 1280409

I'm no biker scout helmet expert, and I know they're taken at different distances and angles, but that looks pretty good to me too, the RS is on the top. I'm impressed, that does suck about the crack in yours but I think your pics are enough for me to order my own, thanks for the review and for sharing!

I say go for it! You won’t be disappointed. The RS is an excellent helmet as well, but this helmet is considerably cheaper, and pretty close in quality.

Looks good. Can't wait to get mine. I'd contact New Image about the crack on the chin. Maybe you'd get a partial refund or credit towards another helmet. Nice collection by the way.

If I were to get the RS helmet I'd go for the fiberglass Red Label one over the more expensive vac-formed one anyway.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back