new idea: Batman/iron man crossover - building the helmet

EyeofSauron

Master Member
so, after being bored i came up with what i think is an awesome costume idea
a crossover between batman and iron man.
Reason for that was that i got kinda bored by the lots of iron man builds, but allways wanted a suit like that, and also allways wanted a bat suit.
so why not 2 in one.

so, i got some ideas, some pics, etc. tell me what you think:

color sheme
Iron_Batman_by_K4IS3RxKH40S.jpg

im also thinking of doing a big bat symbol on the chest part in black and gold, the arc reactor will probably have bat shape

helmet choices:
iron_batman_by_teammatrix12-d31gxnz.jpg

Knightfall_Batman.jpg

2uppgd3.png

any other helmet suggestions are greatly appreciated.
i dont like this look with the open mouth region, as it completely throws off the costume
iron_batman_by_dragonfly929-d33y0lq.png

this costume is officially only in thought stage, and i need to think it through a lot
so post any images you would like to see in the suit. its probably gonna be foam btw :)

Last edited:
Re: new idea: Batman/iron man crossover - brainstorming, input appreciated

love the idea. i think the 2nd picture would be awesome on top of the first one. with that huge bat on the front lighting everything up. That i would like to see :D

Uff very very nice all are powerful ...nice work

so, after being bored i came up with what i think is an awesome costume idea
a crossover between batman and iron man.
Reason for that was that i got kinda bored by the lots of iron man builds, but allways wanted a suit like that, and also allways wanted a bat suit.
so why not 2 in one.

so, i got some ideas, some pics, etc. tell me what you think:

color sheme
Iron_Batman_by_K4IS3RxKH40S.jpg

im also thinking of doing a big bat symbol on the chest part in black and gold, the arc reactor will probably have bat shape

helmet choices:
iron_batman_by_teammatrix12-d31gxnz.jpg

Knightfall_Batman.jpg

2uppgd3.png

any other helmet suggestions are greatly appreciated.
i dont like this look with the open mouth region, as it completely throws off the costume
iron_batman_by_dragonfly929-d33y0lq.png

this costume is officially only in thought stage, and i need to think it through a lot
so post any images you would like to see in the suit. its probably gonna be foam btw :)

I really like this idea. I especially like the Bat-emblem and how it's incorporated into the arc reactor. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out and see what all you decide. :)

I really like the second pics !!! The bat symbol would be awesome !!!

I like the second one but try to incorperate the opening faceplate of ironman! Incorperate the colours of puzzle's post first picture! that's a very nice one!

Ditto to AdamL comments ... although I absolutely LOVE the Desert Storm armor ... perhaps a cross using the AZ-BAT color scheme.

I love the idea. I like this design the best, could use a few tweaks but the helmet is definitely what I'd like to see with a project like this.

ok, i put some of the pics together, for a first sketch :) (also added a cape)

whaddaya think?

attachment.php

Attachments

• iron bat.jpg
    iron bat.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 105,412

nice design that could be an awesome suit.. only negative i have is the arc reactor maybe should be blue

Re: new idea: Batman/iron man crossover - brainstorming, first sketch complete

Like it.

I do agree with your sentiment on the Ironman suits. I can imagine there being a LOT of iron men walking about the floors of conventions.
There's a lot to stand in your way, but the end result could be a stand-out.

Great idea. Good jump start. Personally, I dont like the nose. I'm also hoping you are going to do something with the armor thats a little more of a blend of the two ideas, something that says both Batman and Iron Man.

I like it, but it just seems like Iron Man with a few Batman tweaks when it should be a complete blend of the two.

love it! but I also would like to see the emblem/reactor and eyes in blue instead of red. other then that its badass! :D

batmans suit doesnt have that many specifications to incorporate

i incorporated the bat symbol, the mask, the cape and the arm hooks. also the color sheme of black and gold. not much left to put in :)

I agree, lets see the pic with blue lights and theres a bit too much IM. Maybe change up the gloves and boots. Looks great so far though

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back