new idea: Batman/iron man crossover - building the helmet

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by EyeofSauron, Dec 4, 2011.

1. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

so, after being bored i came up with what i think is an awesome costume idea
    a crossover between batman and iron man.
    Reason for that was that i got kinda bored by the lots of iron man builds, but allways wanted a suit like that, and also allways wanted a bat suit.
    so why not 2 in one.

so, i got some ideas, some pics, etc. tell me what you think:

color sheme
    [​IMG]

im also thinking of doing a big bat symbol on the chest part in black and gold, the arc reactor will probably have bat shape

helmet choices:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

any other helmet suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    i dont like this look with the open mouth region, as it completely throws off the costume
    [​IMG]

this costume is officially only in thought stage, and i need to think it through a lot
    so post any images you would like to see in the suit. its probably gonna be foam btw :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  2. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Re: new idea: Batman/iron man crossover - brainstorming, input appreciated

I love the idea. I like this design the best, could use a few tweaks but the helmet is definitely what I'd like to see with a project like this.

3. Puzzlehead85

Puzzlehead85 New Member

Some suit ideas maybe you might want to incorporate .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. loco lord

loco lord New Member

love the idea. i think the 2nd picture would be awesome on top of the first one. with that huge bat on the front lighting everything up. That i would like to see :D

5. Judge Spartan

Judge Spartan Sr Member

I personnally love the Desert Storm Batman.

6. j0wE

j0wE Well-Known Member

X2, I say the first helmet choice with the desert storm battlesuit.

7. wrroca

wrroca New Member

Uff very very nice all are powerful ...nice work

8. BunnyWannabe

BunnyWannabe Member

I really like this idea. I especially like the Bat-emblem and how it's incorporated into the arc reactor. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out and see what all you decide. :)

9. wrcromu

wrcromu Active Member

I really like the second pics !!! The bat symbol would be awesome !!!

10. PepIronman

PepIronman Member

I like the second one but try to incorperate the opening faceplate of ironman! Incorperate the colours of puzzle's post first picture! that's a very nice one!

11. Chris27989

Chris27989 Well-Known Member

picture number 2 has my vote!! excellent scheme

12. TitaniumBat

TitaniumBat Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ditto to AdamL comments ... although I absolutely LOVE the Desert Storm armor ... perhaps a cross using the AZ-BAT color scheme.

13. EyeofSauron

ok, i put some of the pics together, for a first sketch :) (also added a cape)

whaddaya think?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Chris27989

Chris27989 Well-Known Member

nice design that could be an awesome suit.. only negative i have is the arc reactor maybe should be blue

15. danmaccymcleod

danmaccymcleod New Member

Re: new idea: Batman/iron man crossover - brainstorming, first sketch complete

Like it.

I do agree with your sentiment on the Ironman suits. I can imagine there being a LOT of iron men walking about the floors of conventions.
    There's a lot to stand in your way, but the end result could be a stand-out.

16. writefast

writefast Active Member

Great idea. Good jump start. Personally, I dont like the nose. I'm also hoping you are going to do something with the armor thats a little more of a blend of the two ideas, something that says both Batman and Iron Man.

17. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Active Member

I like it, but it just seems like Iron Man with a few Batman tweaks when it should be a complete blend of the two.

18. loco lord

loco lord New Member

love it! but I also would like to see the emblem/reactor and eyes in blue instead of red. other then that its badass! :D

19. EyeofSauron

batmans suit doesnt have that many specifications to incorporate

i incorporated the bat symbol, the mask, the cape and the arm hooks. also the color sheme of black and gold. not much left to put in :)

20. Sunkistshark

Sunkistshark Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I agree, lets see the pic with blue lights and theres a bit too much IM. Maybe change up the gloves and boots. Looks great so far though

21. THExEVILxTW1N

THExEVILxTW1N Member

maybe some sort of bat belt would help too.

22. MunkayMagic

MunkayMagic New Member

I could be well off the mark here... but i think robo has a 3d model of a armored batsuit... i think i seen the WIP thread on CGTALK/CGARENA/GAMEARTISANS... this was a few months ago now... but contact him and see if im right... if so it was a sweet concept... i was researching the same idea myself... hope im right lol

will search for pics/post but on my phone at the min...

23. Lucky Nm Slevin

Lucky Nm Slevin New Member

I really like the first pic, the colour scheme especially, not so much the ears on top of the helmet though. But each to their own.

24. EyeofSauron

ok, heres a updated version, that has a little more visible bat influence, and how could i forget a belt :)[​IMG]

Attached Files:

25. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Active Member

I say lower the belt more towards the waist but other than that, it is great.

26. EyeofSauron

its probably gonna go lower, but its kinda hard doing it in that pic because of the leg :)

27. Celtic007

Celtic007 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Very cool looking. I think replacing the gold with grey would look interesting. Sweet job so far.

28. EyeofSauron

so i added a little grey, to give it a little more depth

tell me what you think
    [​IMG]

29. Talisen

Talisen Sr Member

Should go this way!

[​IMG]

30. EyeofSauron

how would that incorporate iron man?

31. dabiddabird

dabiddabird Well-Known Member

I like!! The helm from the DC online trailer might look good with this design.

[​IMG]

32. writefast

writefast Active Member

Google says:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

33. Moshrover

Moshrover Member

Very cool idea, can't wait to see the results!

34. Zaxmon

Zaxmon Well-Known Member

It looks too much like Iron Man so far.

35. Shades

Shades Well-Known Member

Sauron-

Check the orange pic... I think the bat emblem stretched over the triangle arc is sweet. Also see how the helm and the cowl are merged. It does a pretty good job with the different elements.

36. Spider M Mann

Spider M Mann Member

Great idea. Here's some unreleased concept art from Batman: Arkham Asylum artist, Carlos D'Anda for inspiration:

[​IMG]

37. Laamberry

Laamberry Well-Known Member

It sort of looks like Tony Stark watched a batman movie and geeked out in his workshop making a Bats themed suit for himself for funsies. I agree, more Batman elements! I also think that the bat ears + iron man helmet shape makes him look like a kitty cat. I don't really know if that can or should be fixed.

Sorry for such little contribution!

38. EyeofSauron

im happy for the input, but tell me what other bat influences to put in!
    i mean, the helmet is questionable, but other than that, i really dont know what to put in

39. writefast

writefast Active Member

Batman influence:
    Try changing the color scheme to match the grey and black/midnight blue togs. Go all black on the cowl/helmet. Maybe change the shape of the head a bit too: lessen the jaw, open up the angle of the ears, maybe make them a little longer too. More cape and integrate it more into the neck/cowl. Bolder bat. Maybe a less streamlined pec. A little more exaggerated on the vambrace blades. On the bat you could try a large oval with the bat in relief. Almost like the bat signal on his chest.

Just some thoughts.

40. Creature

Creature New Member

I love the helmet, that's certainly a great mix of the two. Love the brow.

Maybe keep the chest more iron man but make the legs a mix of the batman suits above? Like the ones spider M man picture on the far right shows.I think it reads more iron man cause the whole body is the same sans the colors.

41. TK9120

TK9120 Sr Member

I think it looks pretty cool. The only odd thing to me is the mouth line and the side cheek detail. With them all the same color it looks like he's smiling. Maybe it's just me though. Neat concept.

42. Spider M Mann

Spider M Mann Member

Here's a little something I scabbed together. The Batman cowl is from the "Knight Shadow Batman" figure, with the jawline from the Iron Man helmet overlaid.

The little "triangle" shape below the nose of each helmet is reversed (small to wide on the Batman cowl, and wide to small on Iron Man), which may cause some initial design confusion, but if you just flip the Iron Man helmet's "triangle" upside down, the design seems to work (for me, at least).

Maybe this can help.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  43. SailorEarth

SailorEarth Active Member

I like what you have so far. Only thing I'd change is to maybe use a little less gold and as was mentioned already incorporate the cape into the cowl. The nose area is throwing me a little bit but if it were all black I think it'd look fine. I'll be keeping an eye out to see what you come up with, this should be an interesting project.

44. TitaniumBat

TitaniumBat Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I really like this idea and can't wait to see what you ultimately come up with.

I've attached a Avengers/Justice League cross over that Nomorepalo did. The helmet has some good elements and I really like the Bat arc reactor. Hopefully this will give you some additional elements to consider.

45. DanielS

DanielS Well-Known Member

Awesome idea :D

46. elro

elro Active Member

"THE IRON-BAT"

Woot, now im thinking about baseball xD

Awesome designs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

47. G33k

G33k Member

Very slick. I like the grey and gold together, remins you of Iron Man but still true to Batman's palate too. Good blend. I watch with:rolleyes interest....

48. EyeofSauron

so, i finished the raw dsign of the helmet today, it stioll needs quite some work, but i think you can see that its getting there :)

pep wise, this was kinda hard, because im piecing together an arkham city cowl with an iron man helmet, this causes some compatibility problems XD

anyways, heres a pic

49. breakpoint

breakpoint Member

awesome work m8 ^^ love the latest pic u did with the grey ^^ keep it up

50. EyeofSauron

i also did a quick color up of the helmet, and took out most of the fold lines, so this is kinda what the final helmet should look like :)
    [​IMG]