New Hero Saber

redbutton

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi Everybody. I finally finish my new hero saber. With the new info about Lukes saber with the rivets all.
This Graflex is a Former with a repro bubble strip from a guy who casts them from the original 19
calculator. Thanks to Roy for the rivet/D ring kit as well as the number stamping on the clamp bar.
Enjoy!

Hero1.jpg.jpg
Hero2.jpg
Hero3.jpg
Hero4.jpg
Hero5.jpg

Hi Everybody. I finally finish my new hero saber. With the new info about Lukes saber with the rivets all.
This Graflex is a Former with a repro bubble strip from a guy who casts them from the original 19
calculator. Thanks to Roy for the rivet/D ring kit as well as the number stamping on the clamp bar.
Enjoy!

Yep! Nice job.

Enjoy!

View attachment 1345289View attachment 1345290View attachment 1345291View attachment 1345292View attachment 1345293
What is the purpose of those rivets?

Seriously wish we knew. They are in the saber in tunisia though
Nice work!!! Putting in those rivets is nerve wracking!

The ones between the grips? Screen accuracy.

Why they were on the filing prop we don't know. The positioning suggests it's related to the D-ring attachment, probably reinforcement, but that's just a hypothesis.
Thank you. Its odd how they are only on the one side.

Thank you. Its odd how they are only on the one side.

Imagine an 'L' bracket inside the lower tube. The d-ring rivets holding the d-ring on the bottom cap is also riveted in the 'L' bracket, and the other rivets are riveted into the 'L' bracket through the sidewall of the lower tube. We believe the prop makers were afraid the flash bottom cap might pull out from the lower tube being supported by a d-ring and worn on the belt, so they appear to have reinforced it with an 'L' bracket inside.

This is only our speculation though, no facts or photos to prove the theory.

I'm not really sure about the rivets. There's a thread somewhere on the RPF about
them. A new find. Go look and explore - it will be fun!
Imagine an 'L' bracket inside the lower tube. The d-ring rivets holding the d-ring on the bottom cap is also riveted in the 'L' bracket, and the other rivets are riveted into the 'L' bracket through the sidewall of the lower tube. We believe the prop makers were afraid the flash bottom cap might pull out from the lower tube being supported by a d-ring and worn on the belt, so they appear to have reinforced it with an 'L' bracket inside.

Makes a lot of sense. That's for the posts everyone.

Ok, I get it that is mechanically more sound

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back