NEW HERE & FIRST STEPS Iron Man Mark42 helmet

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

acp

Hey there folks,

I am pretty new to this community.
Since I always wanted to have either an Iron Man helmet, a Boba Fett Helmet or a Stormtrooper helmet, I registered here and was overwhelmed to see so much good work, information, tutorials, suggestions and help you guys are offering eachother!

I started off surfing theRPF and other online sources to see if I could make one of these myself.
Any critics and or suggestions, will be gratefully appreciated!

For my first helmet I wanted a pep/pdf file, which was easy to handle. I wanted something simple and I found this tutorial:
http://dali-lomo.blogspot.de/search/label/Iron Man by a guy who goes by the name of Dali-lomo, at least as an alias.

Since that guy used corrugated cardboard, I just followed his instructions except of using a mixture of pva and water to harden the cardboard. I wanted to use resin instead.
Too bad that i had to realise, that the corrugated cardboard did not suck up the resin completely like thick paper would have done. Nevertheless I went on with my work and continued attaching fiberglass on the inside. This what I have come up until now:

1.jpg 2.jpg
All Parts glued together:
3.jpg
1 Layer Resin outside and Fiberglass inside:
4.jpg

Sorry, could not find a picture of an inside view of the helmet, but I will definitely post it later!

Alright, please do comment any hints, tips or suggestions!

Thank you in advance :)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.