New Head sculpt

skunk

I was stuck at home all day today......so I thought I'd make a start on a new head....been dying to attempt an open mouth for ages now so I made a start.
Obviously I still have loads to do as all I have done is roughly shaped it......the teeth and mandibles will probably be a lot different in the end but I just wanted to know what it would look like with gnashers so I used some resin teeth that I had from my closed mouth and just put those in for now.
here's a couple of pics anyways.

I dont know how this ones gonna turn out as there are so many styles that I like.....but I have taken alot of inspiration from Narins scull hunter for this one as I really like the way he has sculpted the top lip and the forehead

thanks for looking

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a small update with a couple of pics.....still a loooong way to go yet.
This is what he's looking like with a little re-shaping

I'll upload some more pics later when I have a photobucket account lol.

Thanks for looking

Coming along nicely Lee, One small comment maybe lower the top tusks a little and should look perfect then. That's my opinion but your the sculpter it's your call at the end of the day. Anyway as you know I want to be the first to own one besides you, My order is gone in allready. Looking forward to see the end result and getting my hands on it, as they call me the head collector.

haha Stephen the Corkonian head hunter.. lmao..

ok back on topic.. looks well Lee i like it alot.. one thing tho.. as jason says.. the folds of skin inside the mouth look a bit iffy.. just my humble opnion tho..

I think the lines in the mouth look fine, especially when the rest of the mouth detail is still to be added.

Id like to see a more aggressive rear of the head, but its all about how the sculpter sees it.

Cheers fellas.....both areas mentioned are the areas that are giving me the most greif lol...those and the lower mandibles.
The mouth area is just roughed out (kinda) and I do need to add a bit more sinuey (if there is such a word lol)material.
The back of the crown is something that I will be staring at continuosly untill I can decide how to do it......same as the lower mandibles but unlike the lower mandibles ....I cant change the crown later on if i'm not happy with it.....so i would like to take my time with the crown and the mouth.
I've taken what Stephen has said about the upper mandibles.....but I would like to leave them where they are as I really wanted him to look like he is screaming his head off and opening his mouth as far as it will go. any lower and I think it will make the mouth look more relaxed.........plus to move them now will be alot of work lol.
well I did some more work on him yesturday as I was home all day again.....I would have got some more done in the evening...but the missus invited her freinds round....so I didn't get a chance to sort out me photobucket either so at the mo I can only upload 1 pic....and to do that I have to first delete one lol...as I am at the limit

so here is where he is now.....temp detailing added....I say temp as anything is subject to change.

Thanks for looking
and thanks for the opinions.

Hey Lee, It's taking shape now and as for the upper mandibles I did say it was my opinion and your the sculpter and it's desision at the end of the day but looking excellent so far the detail on the crown is perfect I wouldn't touch it just consintrate on the mouth. Again excellent send it over when finished.

Lee, asked me to up load these pictiurs for him, so have a look and hope you all enjoy.

nopmsda8.jpg

nopmsda7.jpg

nopmsda4.jpg

nopmsda3.jpg

nopmsda5.jpg

nopmsda8.jpg

nopmsda7.jpg

nopmsda4.jpg

nopmsda3.jpg

nopmsda5.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back