New Hasbro Toy Lightsabers

Mercury

Sr Member
Anyone seen the 3 new versions?:eek I saw the Anakin and Vader at TRU today. Collapsible blades are 2 feet long and do not go into the handle, but the handles appear to be a lot, lot closer to the correct size. They light up with the motion sound, etc and some kind of DVD is included. Selling at $21.99 and the size being so much smaller than the old versions was a big temptation for me but I decided to hold off to see what some others say as far as how close they are to the correct size.

Here is a link to what I believe is the correct vader I saw today.
The box is narrow on the top and is open with no plastic covering the saber just like this one. The blade appears to be over 2 feet also. This is not the same ones they've released before. The others were always way over sized and these are very close visually to the right size. This might be old news but I check TRU pretty often and have never seen these before. Looking at the product details it shows it being 2.5" vs the older ones being 3", so these are a 1/2 inch smaller in circumference. Length is 20" vs 24", so the handle is 4 inches shorter.

Last edited:
pic?

I'm not sure if I have the type you are talking about. But I bought an owk one a few months ago and the handle seems to be about the right scale. I don't have an episode 3 saber to compare, but the hasbro one is smaller than an episode 4 replica.

Anyone seen the 3 new versions?:eek I saw the Anakin and Vader at TRU today. Collapsible blades are 2 feet long and do not go into the handle, but the handles appear to be a lot, lot closer to the correct size. They light up with the motion sound, etc and some kind of DVD is included. Selling at $21.99 and the size being so much smaller than the old versions was a big temptation for me but I decided to hold off to see what some others say as far as how close they are to the correct size.

pic?

I'm not sure if I have the type you are talking about. But I bought an owk one a few months ago and the handle seems to be about the right scale. I don't have an episode 3 saber to compare, but the hasbro one is smaller than an episode 4 replica.

I've been trying to find a pic but all are showing the older version sabers which were way too big in circumference and longer than an actual graflex. These are in clone wars packaging and they are about the same length as the MR FX anakin saber (I have that one) but not as large in circumference. The vader is the same size as the anakin. The other is suppose to be a Obi RotS but they didn't have that one so I can't say how it looks. The packaging is different from the earlier releases as well. Instead of a box, it's "pinched" like on the top and bottom, I believe.

Edit: Oops sorry. I did not realize this thread was originally from last year. So the the info I posted below is not correct. However for those interested, Hasbro has some new toy lightsabers heading our way for 2011.

These were shown at the NY Toy fair.

Here are the ones discussed:

Rebelscum.com; Star Wars Toy News Archive

Note the childsize FX to the right..

Here are some other pics of those.

Rebelscum.com; Star Wars Toy News Archive

I think the hilts are supose to be to scale but the blades are shorter. i also think they are going to have a $35 price point.

Last edited:
I believe the Child FX is coming out in August according to the sign and a video presentation I saw on youtube. The guy said that the ones on display were prototypes.

Not sure about the non-electronic style.

Last edited:
i really just want a scale toy hilt. Don't understand why they have never made this - be it a flashlight or whatever. Just a plastic scale freaking saber !

Any word on pricing? I've been wanting to get a force fx saber for less than 100 for awhile now, and hopefully with these new ones coming out, the old ones will drop in price.

Eye spy the Kitt Fisto saber... If that's an FX i will be buying one.

Yes, the Kitt Fisto is is an FX with removable blade. The reports are that they are coming out third quarter of this year for around $119. Some websites are taking pre-orders.

Any word on pricing? I've been wanting to get a force fx saber for less than 100 for awhile now, and hopefully with these new ones coming out, the old ones will drop in price.

The Ultimate FX Lightsabers are for kids, the blades are shorter and I believe the hilts are plastic as oppose to the adult/collector Force FX version that uses metal on the hilts.

As I stated above, the Ultimate FX Lightaber is reported to be MSRP of $35.

Here is a video so you get an idea of the blade size and features:
YouTube - ‪Hasbro Star Wars Ultimate FX Lightsabers‬‏

Last edited:
Hey, it's my old thread. Lol

These look like they might be cool inexpensive items. Can't wait to be able to see them in person. Thanks for the new info.

Cheers,

Kevin

Mobile via Tapatalk

Last edited:
They showed the Ultimate FX Lightsaber (the kids version of the FX) at SDCC. Although this is for kids, I was disappointed to see the added switch on the hilt. As you can see here: Hasbro - SirStevesGuide.com Photo Gallery

One a similar note, I just spotted the new line of non-electronic saber at Target. The new sizing is much improved. They have the Obi (ROTS), Anakin (ROTS), and Vader. The activation plates actually slide to release the plastic blade. The con is that they also painted (not a decal) a red arrow on the plate. The other con is that they still have the plastic clip on the hilt, but kids probably will still like it.

I saw the new basic sabers at TRU. The Vader is impressive... Most impressive, for a toy. The Anakin ROTS, somewhat less so. Inexplicably, the two halves are different diameters. To accomadate the blade (which is now thinner), the emitter end is 1.5" while the grip end is 1.25" (not including the grips). Would it have been so bad to just make it 1.5" end to end? The Obi ROTS? It's the worst of the bunch. Like the Anakin, the saber is made in two different scales, and in this case, badly.

I was on the fence as to which of the new electronic sabers I would get, but if the Luke ROTJ is part of the first wave, it'll be that one. I'm just wondering about the Mace Windu AOTC/ROTS electronic saber with a collapsible blade that was featured at the toy show when the new sabers were introduced. Will that ever materialise?

I don't think Hasbro is going to do any more of the electronic collapsible blade toys. I think the Ultimate FX line is replacing it. I may be wrong but I don't really see the reason for having two electronic saber lines out at the same time.

I did not think the Anakin was that bad. But unfortunately you are never going to be able to do a Obi ROTS thin neck with a collapsable blade. As you proabably guessed, that version is being sold because it is the one in the Clone Wars. Too bad because I would love to see them do a TPM/AOTC Obi style.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back