new groin armor sculpt

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JoeSomebody369

Hey everyone, my first suit is still being worked on but the armor pieces I had made were made from foamies. I really never thought I would be able to sculpt any of the pieces out of clay because I've never had any experience with it before. Even though my first suit isnt quite done I just couldn't resist giving this a shot. So I played around with clay for alittle bit tonight. I've never sculpted before so I figured I start with something that seems relatively easy (shape wise). Here is what I have so far...once I have all the pieces done I'll smooth it out and try to make it as accurate as possible. But for now i'm just trying to do the best I can to just get the initial shapes of each piece of the groin flap. If all turns out well with the final result it'll be the beginning of my second suit in which I plan to sculpt and cast my own pieces. Wish me luck! Thanks for looking!

1013100127.jpg

its WED clay I sprayed it with water and put some wrap over it. I hope it doesnt dry over night the clay itself is pretty old and tough to get out of the box. gonna drench it tomorrow before work and put a new piece of wrap over it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JoeSomebody369

Got this much done today but still in need of a lot of work. hopefully have new pics up by sunday. Gonna have my sister help me out since she is the artistic one in the family >.<

groin_sculpt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

juiceredrum

i think that looks awesome especially since you never messed with clay, how you been joe ? great progress my friend,