NEW ELDER SCULPT FINISHED

THANKS ALL! I really do appreciate the compliments. I'm hoping to mold it sometime in the next couple weeks... I always say that and it ends up being 3 or 4 weeks, but I think this time, I should be pretty close on the timeline. I have to wrap up a couple other smaller projects first.

To answer some PM inquiries... yes, it will be available at some point soon.

I have to say, though I was overall pretty happy with the way the P1 turned out, I'm quite a bit more happy with this one and I'm really looking forward to doing a P2 as soon as time permits. Also in the planning stages for future sculpts are some World of Warcraft masks... I've had quite a few requests over the past year to do some from some friends of mine who are deeply into WoW, so hopefully sometime during the summer I'll be rolling on the first, which will likely be an Orc. I know this is primarily a Pred based forum, but if anyone has any interesting concepts on a WoW mask, I certainly welcome any input.

WTH did this come from? I completely missed it. The Elder is old, scrungy, bumpy, wrinkly goodness. I like it!

Question, is the head short and squaty like it looks or is that a camera thing?

WTH did this come from? I completely missed it. The Elder is old, scrungy, bumpy, wrinkly goodness. I like it!

Question, is the head short and squaty like it looks or is that a camera thing?

Thanks all... Well Scott, it's a wee bit of both, but mostly a camera/resizing thing... If you notice in the first group of pix, it's shot from slightly above... my new 300mm lens (used for the first time on this photo) requires a tripod for clean focus so I set the tripod up at an even angle with it, so that may have had a little bit to do with it, but I think most of it is from me resizing the crop and not realizing that caused it to squeeze down a bit, giving it that squatty look. When I looked at the pic after I posted this, I actually thought the same thing and went out to double check to see if I'm going blind or have been too closely involved with it to notice something so big, but in person it doesn't look so short and squaty... The raw photo doesn't look so squaty, but it's too massive to post here. Actually, the thing seems massive to me... even with shrinkage during casting, I believe it will be just a bit bigger than the DB P1, gen2. And as I pointed out in the addendum part, he's definitely beefier than the first one due to the repair work I had to do, but the more I compare the photos, I'm liking the beefier version... the first version would likely have been a "young" elder... I think the extra "beef" makes him look older. We'll see how it all turns out in a couple weeks when it's cast and painted, but for now, I'm just happy as a clam that I got it even close to where it was before the fallout... When I saw that thing laying there in 8 pieces... let's just say "tirade" wouldn't even be in the ballpark of a good description of my actions that night... Hell, Charlie Manson would have been looking around saying "Now THAT guy's nuts!" Anyway, sorry to anyone who liked the first version better, but I've learned a very valuable lesson... either mold it when it's finished or refrigerate it until you can.

The "big" project finally begins next week!

another stellar performance Scott. Wouldn't expect anything less.

Now that your all refreshed from vacation..... GET BACK TO WORK !!!

E-O

Hell, this is just as good / better as the stuff they actually use in the movies :mad:
Can't even think where to start and making it all look right in 3D and everyrhing lol!
Let's see what else you made then eh? :mad:

PS:
BvsPsig.jpg

That was a pretty damn good movie actually... everything lookedjust like as it should be :mad:

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back