NEW DRAGONBALL SERIES! Dragonball Super

now that it's starting to air.. I wonder why they are re doing battle of gods?

battle of gods was a perfect little reunion movie...can't really top it.

Their basicly rushing throught what was in battle of gods so they can move on from there. Dint really find that necessary as im more curious as to what follows especially when theres also revival of frieza with the new form.

all they really had to do was a 'last time on dragonball Z' promo showing the events of the movie and pick up from there..

oh well... I hope that they do a more fulfilling revival of freiza and include king cold this time around..

The actress that voices Japanese Goku cracks me up...I really couldn't handle that voice:lol

Glad it's getting a well deserved revival.

first time i watched a subtitled series was android at the time we just got the finished part of the freeza saga so we were all excited to see the android saga so soon. and gokus voice freak'ed me out. back then there wasn't too much stuff on the internet for DBZ so it wasn't until later on i learned a female voiced him, made total sense once i learned that

Battle of the Gods was great. Ressurection F was alright.

I'm definitely down for another round of the show. It will be weird hearing the voice actors after years of watching DBZ Abridged though.

I only watched the raw file so far... but holy crap...

Super Saiyin Videl. I wonder if the characters noticed her hair going golden....edit - apparently not if the translation is accurate.
11953095_10153517354085211_2428931533241867371_n.jpg

Last edited:
She dint really go super saiyan but more her unborn child did. Few things showing she dint was her hair wasnt like the other ones who gone ssj and her eyes remained the same colour and not green. Wouldnt make any sense anyway if she gone ssj...

Really is starting to become a shame that they released battle of gods and revival of frieza and now releasing the same with few changes to the story in the series.

Yeah, I don't know why they are retreading battle of the gods, or making it different from the movie. all they had to do was a simple recap and they would have been fine.

I always thought it would be a cool story idea that if you get pregnant with a Saiyan Child as a human, you, for a temporary time at least, share some Saiyan DNA. at that point, if you where unable to before, you could learn to fly, or up your power level a little and get a taste of saiyan power.

it would be kind of fun if someone made a wish to Shenron to give all the human fighters saiyan DNA so they could keep up with Goku and Vegita.
Now with this goofy god power, they are so overtly powerful, NO enemy would be a match for them.

Last edited:
it would be kind of fun if someone made a wish to Shenron to give all the human fighters saiyan DNA so they could keep up with Goku and Vegita.
Now with this goofy god power, they are so overtly powerful, NO enemy would be a match for them.

Well they do seem to be talking about other universes or something so surely there will be an enemy that is even stronger then beerus (not counting whis) but very unlikely any1 other then the saiyans will be of any use. Altho it was nice too see the gang in action in revival of frieza :)

I wonder how the ratings are in japan....it's a VERY slow start, especially considering we've seen it all done before and better in a very well done little movie.
I hope they are as confused as we are in wondering why the retread.

I know it's probably going to be a dream, or maybe a peak into the alternate universe...but i'm interested in seeing how they'll handle 'super saiyan satan'.

I always thought it'd be a fun plotline for the human characters to get saiyan dna so they can keep up with everyone else :)

I only watched the raw file so far... but holy crap...

Super Saiyin Videl. I wonder if the characters noticed her hair going golden....edit - apparently not if the translation is accurate.
https://scontent-lga1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=b399754b3f3c898b94642ee808f71b43&oe=567DEAEE

it's just an animation thing. I used to animate for Toei Animation before I was transferred.

Basically, if there's a very strong light, we'll flood the entire cel with that color and only keep a few things different.

As for the Battle of Gods and Revival of Freeza thing being reanimated, we usually do this to give time to another team to animate future episodes with better animation.

wow...cool, thanks for the info..

that kind of makes sense now. folks are wondering whythe animation of super isn't as good as the features.
personally, I don't find it that jarring. even C Toei stuff is better than some companies A teams..

i'm more interested into what changes the freiza movie will bring... and if they'll redo the tarble episode.

wow...cool, thanks for the info..

that kind of makes sense now. folks are wondering whythe animation of super isn't as good as the features.
personally, I don't find it that jarring. even C Toei stuff is better than some companies A teams..

i'm more interested into what changes the freiza movie will bring... and if they'll redo the tarble episode.

Agreed. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. When you freeze frame screenshots, it looks a bit jarring but hey, they're at least moving right? And the punches and kicks are connecting. Also, if you screenshot some old DBZ episodes, it can be as bad as the ones we have now. I think people are being a bit too critical about the animation.

If I recall correctly, there might be a scene where it shows how Vegeta and Goku obtain Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan so i don't mind the retellings at all.

I really wish they'd drop the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan bit.

Super Saiyan God was bad enough, but it was a cool idea. but now he's so far above the other characters...even more than before..why even have them?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back