New display for my 'Jigsaw Gauntlet Stilleto' [DONE]

Sandman0077

Sr Member
So a few years ago I purchased this movie prop some some website thinking it was awesome. Come to find out it may have been fully licensed for the movie Saw, but it was NOTHING like the one used in the movie. So it has been sitting in it's box until now.

Sawblade2.jpg

I decided to make a new display for it because the old one was just a wooden box that weighted about 10 pounds without the prop inside. Stupid idea I thought, so I'm making a new one.

I started with a basic wooden piece purchased from Hobby Lobby, and drilled some holes and tacked the hanger pieces do the back.
IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

I used the original display holders but cut the front one so the blade would rest on it instead of inside it.

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

I thought about adding some saw blades or something to make it look more unique, but I wasn't sure if it would look lame, so didn't yet. I plan on painting the whole display velvet red (that is the main character's color).

Once I get the paint I will see what else I do to it.

Last edited:
Re: New display for my 'Jigsaw Gauntlet Stilleto'

Love Saw props!, would love a reverse bear trap!....

Its really cool. And it is nice to see a well displayed piece. Nothing against a shelf full of props but I love to see full finished displays.

Thanks for the compliment! I think it looks pretty good in person. It might be a little small if you ask me, but it works well. I want to recreate the actual screen used version (this is just a cheap design some company through together, nothing like the original) and make matching displays, so this may change. Until then, it looks pretty sweet as is.

(Last minute decision to add the black border. I thought there was just too much red and it needed a contrast.)

That's great! Do you still own it?
I'm wanting to build one myself sometime, have you ever gotten any pictures of the actual screen used one,aside from screenshots? I can see from on screen the blade attachment and front of slide mechanism looks a bit different,like you said when compared to the HCG replica. But I'm wondering if the basic design(from tang to forearm/the spring & slide) is the same mechanical wise as the HCG. I pointed out the differences below for others to see,mainly just more bolts and difference of how the blade attaches.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-13-02-53-40-441.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-02-13-02-53-40-441.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 94
Thanks for the compliment! I think it looks pretty good in person. It might be a little small if you ask me, but it works well. I want to recreate the actual screen used version (this is just a cheap design some company through together, nothing like the original) and make matching displays, so this may change. Until then, it looks pretty sweet as is.

(Last minute decision to add the black border. I thought there was just too much red and it needed a contrast.)

And if you still own it,would love to see some updated pics!

Hello! I still have the prop, but the display broke years ago from several moves. Building a screen-accurate prop is still on my long list of projects. These are everything I have showing how the movie version was assembled.

Attachments

• 3a70_110.jpg
    3a70_110.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 202
  • bigsaw.jpg
    bigsaw.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Blade.jpg
    Blade.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 185
  • Blade2.jpg
    Blade2.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 203
  • Blade3.jpg
    Blade3.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 206
  • design.jpg
    design.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC_0337.JPG
    DSC_0337.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 192
  • DSC_0338.JPG
    DSC_0338.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 192
  • Full.jpg
    Full.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 168
  • jigsawstiletto.jpg
    jigsawstiletto.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 158
  • jigsawstilettopz.jpg
    jigsawstilettopz.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 144
  • S6301321.jpg
    S6301321.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 153
  • S6301322.jpg
    S6301322.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Saw blade 2.jpg
    Saw blade 2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 154
  • S6301324.jpg
    S6301324.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 159
  • S6301323.jpg
    S6301323.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Saw blade 3.jpg
    Saw blade 3.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Saw blade.jpg
    Saw blade.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Saw026.jpg
    Saw026.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 142
  • sawdiagram1.jpg
    sawdiagram1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 163
  • SAWGauntlet2.jpg
    SAWGauntlet2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 152
  • sawtoy1.jpg
    sawtoy1.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 164
  • sawtoy2.jpg
    sawtoy2.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 154
  • sawtoy5.jpg
    sawtoy5.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 156
  • sawtoy4.jpg
    sawtoy4.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 150
  • sawtoy3.jpg
    sawtoy3.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 152
  • spring6.jpg
    spring6.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 173
  • springs6 questions.JPG
    springs6 questions.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 157
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 204
Holy crap thanks for sharing !!! Never seen the movie version before,only the HCG replica. Thanks so much ! It's on my list too,good luck! Maybe we can help each other out on sourcing/finding parts later on!

Hope these may assist you in your build. Several photos I found on the net including a beautiful replica made in 1/6 scale by FULL METAL CUSTOMS.
Enjoy!!! -Ed
Jigsaw's SAW Guantlet Knife (1).jpg
Jigsaw's SAW Guantlet Knife (2).jpg
Jigsaw's SAW Guantlet Knife (3).jpg
Jigsaw's SAW Guantlet Knife (4).jpg
Jigsaw's SAW Guantlet Knife (5).jpg
Jigsaw's SAW Guantlet Knife (6).jpg
Jigsaw's SAW Guantlet Knife (7).jpg
Jigsaw's SAW Guantlet Knife (8).jpg
Jigsaw's SAW Guantlet Knife (9).jpg
Jigsaw's SAW Guantlet Knife (10).jpg
Jigsaw's SAW Guantlet Knife (11).jpg
Jigsaw's SAW Guantlet Knife (12).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (1).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (2).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (3).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (4).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (5).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (6).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (7).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (8).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (9).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (10).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (11).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (12).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (13).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (14).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (15).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (16).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (17).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (18).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (19).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (20).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (21).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (22).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (23).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (24).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (25).jpg
Saw_Mini-Ziphoid (26).jpg
Saw_Ziphoid (0).jpg
Saw_Ziphoid (1).jpg
Saw_Ziphoid (2).jpg
Saw_Ziphoid (3).jpg
Saw_Ziphoid (4).jpg
Saw_Ziphoid (5).jpg
Saw_Ziphoid (6).jpg
Saw_Ziphoid (7).jpg
Saw_Ziphoid (8).jpg
Saw_Ziphoid (9).jpg
Saw_Ziphoid (10).jpg
Saw_Ziphoid (11).jpg

I've been trying really hard to track down the original, what looks to be like a shin guard for sports. I'm not positive, but that's what it looks to be .

If anyone could be of any help to find that or figure out the brand of it ,it'd be extremely grateful.

I've been collection parts to build this and the beartrap for quite awhile, but this is one of those parts that is stumping me to the point i may have to sculpt and mold one from scratch ,as i want it to be as accurate as possible.

Pics below are from the ongoing Propstore auction.

Attachments

• 489880_0.jpg
    489880_0.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 489890_0.jpg
    489890_0.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 489888_0.jpg
    489888_0.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 57
I've been trying really hard to track down the original, what looks to be like a shin guard for sports. I'm not positive, but that's what it looks to be .

If anyone could be of any help to find that or figure out the brand of it ,it'd be extremely grateful.

I've been collection parts to build this and the beartrap for quite awhile, but this is one of those parts that is stumping me to the point i may have to sculpt and mold one from scratch ,as i want it to be as accurate as possible.

Pics below are from the ongoing Propstore auction.
Whoa, a 10 year bump! I never found the original, but thanks for those super clean images of the original! Maybe I'll start my build now haha.

Whoa, a 10 year bump! I never found the original, but thanks for those super clean images of the original! Maybe I'll start my build now haha.
Lol! but yeah check out the propstore auction of it, much more new pictures of it there! whenever i get on building mine,i'll be sure to post it and show you,and you do the same!
I'll be sure to share the parts i'm able to source,hopefully most i can source besides a few custom made parts.

Lol! but yeah check out the propstore auction of it, much more new pictures of it there! whenever i get on building mine,i'll be sure to post it and show you,and you do the same!
I'll be sure to share the parts i'm able to source,hopefully most i can source besides a few custom made parts.
Please do!

I'm thinking about just 3d modeling and printing the shin guard. I've spent the better part of a week searching for one that even remotely resembles it; still nothing. Also, do you know what any of the rod end hardware is called? I could take them off my replica, but I'd rather find the source.

I'm thinking about just 3d modeling and printing the shin guard. I've spent the better part of a week searching for one that even remotely resembles it; still nothing. Also, do you know what any of the rod end hardware is called? I could take them off my replica, but I'd rather find the source.
Screenshot_20210610-193636.png

This is the closest I've found,though still quite a bit off, if you do 3D model one,I'd love a copy!

And send a picture circled of the exact part ,or parts you speak of and I'll try to help identify them!

I'd leave them on the original replica for sure,it's such a cool piece despite not being too accurate. I'd actually love one myself but can never find one , anyways.
Will help out if I can figure it out,or someone else can.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back