New Disney Galaxy's Edge adult sized X-wing helmet

blewis17

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
New Disney Galaxy's Edge adult sized X-wing helmet, $69.99. Looks like it just came out. Not packaged as the Black Series, but looks and functions very similar...

adult-x-wing-helmet-11-2289452-scaled.jpg

I have not seen this in person, but here is a YouTube video (NOT mine) of the helmet

Last edited:
Definitely the black series. At a great price too. Just without boxing and repurposed. Looks like different paint schemes on the resistance pilots too.

Ben

That would be fantastic...Thank you!

I have a few people that might be able to get me one soon. I will makes sure and let you know if/when that happens. :)

Jason

From the comparisons I've seen it looks like it might be a tiny bit smaller than the Black Series.

...Or maybe it was the Black Series that was a tiny bit smaller than this one. Now I can't remember...

Would like to know which is smaller. Although I just ordered the Black Series from Amazon as it had next day delivery! :)

Ops double post. So edited this. (Didnt know how to delete it). So I'm looking for a good X-Wing helmet for Cosplay

I picked up the black series wedge helmet and the Disney parks Luke helmet. The Disney parks Luke helmet feels like it has a bit more room inside. The Disney parks helmet also has a visor that you can move up and down whereas the black series does not. The exterior of the helmets also appear to be slightly different shapes and to have come from different molds.

The black series visor doesn't move?! Aw man thats a disappointment.
The real ones of the original trilogy do not either. However in an idealized world, they should as Luke has his visor up after the snow speeder crash. But then again, the original trilogy helmets did not have mics mounted to them either. Although once again, they probably should in an idealized version as TFA established that for the first time when Rey put on that old X-Wing helmet on Jakku. As for Rogue One, I don't know what they did. I should really look into that.

Has anyone done a side-by-side shot of this one with the Black Series version?

The real ones of the original trilogy do not either. However in an idealized world, they should as Luke has his visor up after the snow speeder crash. But then again, the original trilogy helmets did not have mics mounted to them either. Although once again, they probably should in an idealized version as TFA established that for the first time when Rey put on that old X-Wing helmet on Jakku. As for Rogue One, I don't know what they did. I should really look into that.

Has anyone done a side-by-side shot of this one with the Black Series version?
I could swear they had mics in the OT. Probably not the same ones, but... something?

*yup... mic in ANH looks just like the one in the disney helmet.
rogue_squadron-patty_jenkins-star_wars-.jpg_1902800913.jpgdaba15d100b2a7c9f92c1cc7745aa7a390f68421429c938aef7acd0228712a03.jpg

I could swear they had mics in the OT. Probably not the same ones, but... something?

*yup... mic in ANH looks just like the one in the disney helmet.
View attachment 1460517View attachment 1460518
But they are not “on“ the helmet. When you see them holding a helmet, there is no mic and no wires, that is because they are most likely wearing the same headset they wore on the Falcon.. same mic and color wires.

they do the same thing in The Empire Strikes Back but the headset can be made to wear on either side. So on in The Empire Strikes Back, he wears the mic on the other side and without the rubber tip. Also in various scenes, the chin strap is threaded through the chin cup differently.

In Return of the JedI, when Luke is leaving Tatoonie and on the commas with Han, he has no mic.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back