New Curry's UK Star Wars Ad featuring Darth Vader

i wonder how much it cost them to get the rights from Lucas. It's better than the commercials we have here for this kind of store.

That's the same Vader voice as in The Force Unleashed, isn't it? And....his helmet looked a bit off...the dome was too textured...etc......

Rich

I'm sorry, but try as they might, nothing can top the Volkswagen Vader advert. It's a beautiful piece of ad-land work.

Interesting enough, the VW advert really highlights how... expressive... the Vader mask can be. The little kid in the costume also did a tremendous job in terms of acting through body language alone!

The Force: Volkswagen Commercial - YouTube

Those are all great ads--I like the one with R2 and 3PO too.

Weird Vader helmet--looks almost like an Altman's or something.

Those are all great ads--I like the one with R2 and 3PO too.

Weird Vader helmet--looks almost like an Altman's or something.

It's not an Altman's. The dome is off, though.

ALTMAN'S VADER HELMET
darthvader1.jpg

I'm sorry, but try as they might, nothing can top the Volkswagen Vader advert. It's a beautiful piece of ad-land work.

Interesting enough, the VW advert really highlights how... expressive... the Vader mask can be. The little kid in the costume also did a tremendous job in terms of acting through body language alone!

The Force: Volkswagen Commercial - YouTube

the VW commercial is BRILLIANT! Whomever the little actor is in there can convey such emotions even with the mask on

the VW commercial is BRILLIANT! Whomever the little actor is in there can convey such emotions even with the mask on

I do honestly think it highlights a versatility in the mask that it doesn't contradict the body language, but accentuates it.

Flippin' heck, the more I think about this, the more awesome I'm starting to think the Vader mask is!

Although, on the slightly more sinister side, This is ALSO telling us that the Dixons/Curries/PC World group, is now being run by a Lightsabre weilding meglomaniac!:eek

Merry Christmas you will have....Hmm!

Don't worry, the Lightsabre weilding meglomaniac is only the corporate spokesman, you should really worry about the hooded old guy sitting in the shadows, :lol

What is? The ad itself, the suit, the voice....?

You can't take these things too seriously. I think it's a lot of fun, loved the shuttle, the gag with the hair and seeing Vader of course.

I enjoy these Curry's adverts. The Droids ones are great, but Chewie and the hairdryer is hilarious!

Chewie and a hairdryer, eh?......Oh I sooooo need to see THAT ad.....sounds fantatic !

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back