New collectible reality show looking for collections

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by alienscollection.com, May 15, 2012.

1. alienscollection.com

alienscollection.com Master Member

https://ccasting.wufoo.com/forms/master-collectors/

(no, I'm not a producer on this)

2. pennausamike

pennausamike Sr Member

3. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

4. pennausamike

pennausamike Sr Member

I googled Cornwell Casting & High Noon Entertainment and found that they have posted on doll collectors and toy collectors sites.

They posted on the doll forum:

and at the toy collectors:

And at the Pez collectors site:

Much as I think it would be neat to "get the collection out of the basement", so to speak,
    there is a part of me that worries that the bread and butter of reality programming is to make people look a little looney.
    (Like I need to announce THAT to the whole world...)

I dunno, I may at least look into it a little further.

Mike
    My Firefly/Serenity Collection:
    SerenityMovie.net :: View topic - Firefly/Serenity Weapons Collection

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  5. INDY

INDY Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I just filled out the application and they called me.

I don't know I am little hesitant about this.

6. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

We need to get Gino and aveuoy4evoli to sign up.

Kurtyboy, jedifyfe...

Munson!

Just turn there show into RPF TV! LOL!!!

(y)thumbsup

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  7. INDY

Are Fan made props, cosutme pieces appraisable?

8. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That would be my queston. I also already know my collections low end and high end range.

9. INDY

I have an interview with these guys on Friday.

I begining to think that this is not a good idea for me.

What do you guys think?

10. INDY

I mean my collection is both licensed and unlicensed items.

Most of the licesned items that I have are good and all and some are worth double than what I paid, but I wouldn't call them rare.

In my opioion, the stuff that I have that is real cool and rare are the props and costume pieces that I have bought from people on this forum over the years. But, I am afaid, some appaiser might look at my stuff and say you have a room full of fakes. And make fun of me and my stuff. I know the stuff is replica. Most fan made stuff is better made than the original.

11. ave4uevoli

ave4uevoli Sr Member

RPF tv would certainly be fun but I think I'll be passing on this one. You guys are more than welcome to view my collection but I don't need the entire world to see it. It's all for personal enjoyment anyways, I couldn't care less what people thought of it, nor what it is worth. 'Sides, I don't need people telling me i'm crazy. I already know I am. :lol

I suspect a lot of these collections will be cool, but many of them will overlap with two shows; Horders, and Hollywood Treasures. I can't see many of these collections being something we haven't seen before either here, or on Sideshow freaks, rebelscum or other forums.

I can see it now: Interviewer: "So what possessed you to purchase all of these things instead of saving it for your kids."
    Me: "F-U... Get out."

On a side note - If anyone here decides to do it, lets get some RPF logos in there for recognition. We can print up 18"x18" posters of the RPF logo and have them hanging in the persons collection. After a few collections, people might start wondering what that logo is and look us up.

(RPF t-shirts work too)

12. INDY

Thanks for posting your take on this. I agree with you, that is why I am having 2nd thoughts about even doing the interview. I don't want to waste there time if I am not interested. At first I thought I was interested but now, I leaning towards telling them I am not interested.

13. ONEYE

ONEYE Sr Member

I would be nervous. Bottom line, do not sign anything until you feel comfortable. Warm & fuzzy comfortable. Under no circumstances should your address be revealed. Do you have insurance for your collection? What about home security? The more I think about it, the more nervous I get.

We do need an RPF TV channel, at least a video capable chat room/group conference capablility.

14. INDY

After thinking about, going over it with my wife and your guys feedback, I have just canceled my interview.

15. INDY

If you guys are interested, I can tell you what they told me, the show is generally going to consist of.

16. goapebilly

goapebilly Active Member

I was contacted as well, havent spoken to them again,just some of the questions they asked made me uncomfortable,a little to intrusive for initial questions.
    Indy stated they told him what show will consist of, what did they say ? goapebilly

17. INDY

Here is what the casting company told me, what the show will consist of.

The film your collection and a well known appraiser, appraises your collection.

They will then film and interview you signifcant other, to get their views on your collection. I have a feeling they are looking for some drama here.

The appraiser picks which ever item he or she wants and then sells that item. Again I am sure they are looking for some drama here.

I believe that you get the money from the item and then you and your significant other spend the money on something that you want or need to together.

That is basically what I was told the show plot is going to consist of.

18. Delmustator

Delmustator Sr Member

Ultimate Yawnage!

No thanks! Having these people sniffing around your home, in your business, looking for any and all ways to make you look like a douchee in front of how many viewers.

I don't think so.

Tell them to stick to the thimble and spoon collectors... Maybe they will capture some drama like them sticking themselves with a pin or gagging on a spoon...

19. Tobot

Tobot Active Member

IT'S A TRAP!
    In all seriousness though this sounds like a really crappy show to be involved in, they're going to make you look like a hoarder who spends the mortgage money on your collection. Then they'll probably f up the deal to create drama.

20. Lear60man

Lear60man Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I would suspect that its a little Pawn Stars Vs Storage Wars Vs Hoarders. Im sure through careful editing you will be painted in a certain light. What that light is is up to the producer. If it was more show and tell and less Reality TV, it would be a winner for people like us.....and it would get canceled after 2 episodes:lol

21. goapebilly

goapebilly Active Member

They have some one come in and appraise your collection, they ask for your 10 favorite pieces, then they decide which one they will auction off.Which i wouldnt trust anyone to auction off my props on there say so only and they choose.And then trying to cause drama,between you and your spouse saying either you over paid for something"see its not worth anything" to we could of used this money for ???? make good tv at your expense and your family. As ive seen stated before :ITS A TRAP!!!!!!!!:

22. Hobo Wan Kenobi

Hobo Wan Kenobi Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that Sean Astin was holding one of Relics Goonies coins in tonight's episode.

23. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

24. Hobo Wan Kenobi

Hobo Wan Kenobi Well-Known Member