New Clone Trooper Armor

WhiteCommando

For your viewing pleasure...

appobust.jpg

blyce.jpg

utapau.jpg

A suit that a friend of mine is assembling...

codychest.jpg

Nice legs...

thighfront.jpg

Go to http://www.clone-empire.com/ to see a comprehensive gallery.

Later Friends,

John

do you have a tutorial on how you made the shoes and what shoes you used my husband and i are both getting clone armor in a few weeks...your work looks incredible BTW

Ooh lah lah. Glad you like them.

Send me a hey at john@clone-empire.com for more details on the suits. I have access to them and can help set interested parties up.

And Seswa, the boot tutorial is on ct.net. Go here...

http://clonetroopers.net/Forum/index.php?showtopic=1478

It was created by C-DUB, but mine is done on Wal-Mart shoes ($15.00 a pair) instead of Reeboks. Also, I believe the armor from my web site will fare better with regular tennies versus the high-tops. I will know better once I have an assembled shin armor (and suit).

It is quite easy. The toe is covered first with vinyl, I then CA glued a piece of craft foam sort of shaped like a foot ball on the toe tip (CA is basically a large bottle of Super Glue Gel, but stronger, that can be fused quickly with Spray Accelerant - get both of these at one of these stores...Hobby Town, Hobby Lobby, or Jo-Anns).

Then two rectangles were CA glued, then I CA glued the main shape to the outer side and butting up to the rectangles, and then used Industrial Strength Velcro for the inner part of the side of the shoe - a flap that can be lifted so not to tear or stress the foam. Then I added the strap that spans the top with the disc thingies. I used a small piece of velcro just for placement, but I may glue to the top piece...still thinking about it.

Cost:
$15.00 for Wal-Mart Basketball shoes.
$3.00 for 1 yard of vinyl - get the vinyl that has no fluff on the backside.
$2.00 for CA glue.
$3.00 for CA Accelerant.
$2.00 for 3 sheets of white craft foam.

You can paint all of it white with shoe dye - $6.00 at the cobbler, do light coats or it will melt the foam. It will make the whites more consistent. I plan to do it.

As for weathering, I am going to use simple graphite dust from a pencil sharpener to accentuate the edges. You could use pastel charcoal grey and brown too.

I will try to post a Tutorial and some PDFs at http://www.clone-empire.com very soon.

Thanks for all of your kind remarks.

John

<div class='quotetop'>(Bountyhunter Niko @ May 27 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]1251617[/snapback]</div>
Great thighs Bro.
[/b]

I love the molded one-piece belt parts, attached to the ab plate. That's awesome. Never thought of it. I may try that- or something similar.

I plan to offer self adhesive vinyl stripes and accent coloring for this clone armor for the following units (initially):

Special Ops Blue - one like Appo, chips and scratches plotted in the file and one clean, like new.

Star Corps/ARC gold (not Bly Yet due to the volume of yellow on the cheek and back of the helmet and belt and thighs)
Also offer it in red for Deviss. These too can be plotted as new or with chips and scratches.

Utapau trooper orange. (not Cody for similar reasons to Bly.)

Fleet trooper grey.

I also make available cheek vent decal files to anyone that is in need of them.

Later Friends,

John

quote name='Boba Frett' date='May 27 2006, 11:27 PM' post='1251883']
Nice armor :)
[/quote]

Hey John I sent you an email asking for info about the armor but didn't get a response... Can you PM me on here about it?

This is a picture of my clone boots:
IMG_8458.jpg

I added the similar stripe to the right foot as you see in the left.

The materials come from one pair of white PVC boots that I ordered from QC Supply. Some rivets, pins, and glue was used to put it all together. If you prefer the octagon type shape, there is enough material to make that instead.

That is a cool solution. Does the toungue and back tuck in to the shin armor? If not, trim a little off the back, and keep all the tongue...oooh dirty.

<div class='quotetop'>(Obi-TN @ Jun 7 2006, 05:45 PM) [snapback]1257866[/snapback]</div>
This is a picture of my clone boots:
IMG_8458.jpg

I added the similar stripe to the right foot as you see in the left.

The materials come from one pair of white PVC boots that I ordered from QC Supply. Some rivets, pins, and glue was used to put it all together. If you prefer the octagon type shape, there is enough material to make that instead.
[/b]

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back