New Chakrams with license... cats out of the bag lol

After acquiring the license and rights to produce the Kurgan helmet through Davis/Panzer

http://www.legendaryheroes.com/store/product/special-edition-kurgan-helmet/

Peter Davis approached me about making an ultimate Xena chakram; he wanted something like none other… so I made all three versions. I was waiting to post my work until the end of the month but DP already posted on Legendary Heroes and face book so what the hey.

http://www.legendaryheroes.com/store/product/limited-edition-xena-chakram-with-booklet/

These are 99.999 percent made America… the last .0001 are the abalone shells we import into the US from NZ  each chakram is cut on a multi axis lathe from a solid block of aluminum. No sand casting… ever. These are all done in house, no sending out to other companies; even the machine shop is family. Each one is hand polished, hand painted and each shell fitted by hand. I designed a relative easy stand, as to not distract from the actual charkams, no fancy boxes or stuff like that. Each one is numbered and a COA comes with it… they are also offering a picture booklet of the design and process. I spent SOOOOO much time taking measurements from screen used props, no private companies like Todds costumes or Icons were used. My Chakrams have small differences in them… thickness and detail width and depth and so on.
Each of the chakram of balance has its divits done by hand file and dremell. That way each one is a little different.

Any way here are some pics…. Enjoy. ill post more of the process later..

Chakram of Darkness
DSCN3435.jpg

DSCN3437.jpg

DSCN3432.jpg

DSCN3433.jpg

Chakram of Balance
DSCN3478.jpg

DSCN3479.jpg

DSCN3484.jpg

DSCN3483.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! Great job!
I am always getting calls from Davis-Panzer productions (sales) about new things in the works and the great deals on new items. Wonder when I'll get a call about this?
:)

thanks for the words of encouragement guys...

Kerr.. the Chakram of balance pictured does not come apart, but i am making them as we speak.. they will fit together and secure with earth magnets. same paint scheme and all...

Davis has prices on the legendary heroes site, thats for numbered orders.. I am working with him on costs for non special order... Ill post them when I get a solid number...
But thanks guys for your support and compliments..

So, as probably one of the very very FEW EXTREME XENA fans on this site, I would first like to say congratulations on getting the license for the chakrams.

The original chakram looks very good! and I hate to say it, but the yin yang chakram just isnt doin it for me... the paint needs some help

and being an extreme xena fan.. what would you suggest the paint be changed to?
i am all about making changes to to make a better prop :)
please email me with your ideas also

als_dlk at hotmail dot com

Looks awesome!!!!

Have you thought about getting em plated instead of paint?

Honestly, not a huge Xena fan but those look amazing.

Great work on em!
Chris

we looked at plating but the cost for such a large order was crazy, plus its kinda cheating haha instant color... we were going to powder coat but it didnt look nearly as good.

Last edited:
i went to xena10ares profile and found this chakram of balance... i like it but, its used and worn, what do you guys think?
show version
profilepic8892_2.jpg

My version
IMG_0776.jpg

The chakram in the top pic is actually a VERY EARLY attempt at the chakram from Toddscostumes back in 2000-2001.

The thing with Xena's chakram is, even new, xena's chakram was battle worn, eroded, and grungy. Here is a pic of the chakram from the episode Legacy.
chak1.jpg

In that pic you can see how un-perfect and un-clean the chakram is. I don't mean to compare you to toddscostumes(former holder of the legendary heroes xena chakram) BUT the reason his chakrams sold sooo well, and still go for a high price on ebay, is because he truly truly captured that chakram in the paint.
Here is a picture of Toddscostumes xena chakram.
XPHpropcomparasin008.jpg

XPHpropcomparasin005.jpg

XPHpropcomparasin006.jpg

GREAT! i would love to see it!!!

oh and by the way, the chakram on the floor in the backround of those pictures is the chakram I painted, the copper colr is a little too light...it probably needed a little more orange to it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back