New Casey Jones mask

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Apocodaddy, May 8, 2012.

1. Apocodaddy

Apocodaddy Member

I've been working on this mask for a loooong time, and I am finally happy with it. This is my new and improved prototype I just finished over the weekend. I was only able to take some with my cell phone camera so my apologies that the quality isn't better. Some detail is washed out, but you should get a good idea of how it looks.

bogeyphobia99 likes this.
  2. McAullay

McAullay New Member

Very cool dude. Did you sculpt the mask or cannibalize another type of mask to make it.

3. BlackKaos

BlackKaos Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks good. Casey Jones mask has always been a favorite of mine.

4. Apocodaddy

Apocodaddy Member

Thanks guys. Theres no cannibalizing here. Just lots of screencaps, time, and work. I'm probably going to be doing some vacuuformed copies.

5. animefan

animefan Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

nice job man, that mask looks sweet. Funny I was just thinking to myself the other day I would like to make one of these masks cuz I dont see to many of them. Ta da here it is, keep us posted on the vacuuformed copies.

6. outofcontrolreb

outofcontrolreb Member

The mask looks sweet

7. Danakin

Danakin Well-Known Member

That is awesome! By far the most screen accurate mask I've ever seen. I'm working on a comic version myself so I've been studying all the different masks for some time now. Top notch work, I would love to get a copy.

8. bogeyphobia99

bogeyphobia99 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Beautiful mask! You've definitely done a fantastic job creating an Casey Jones' mask.

9. patientjoker

patientjoker New Member

Amazing job on the mask. Looks exactly like the movie one. Let me know when you make copies, because I would like to buy one.

10. thehorndogg

thehorndogg New Member

Awesome job. I too would love one if you ever feel like doing a run

11. twopinacoladas

twopinacoladas New Member

I just thought that I'd post, as I was very much impressed with Apocodaddy's work when I saw these finished pictures. I had the opportunity to help him a bit with a 3d model as he requested help form a 3d modeler some time ago on another forum.

He already had by far the most screen accurate Casey Jones mask I had ever seen prototyped before I attempted to do an accurate 3d model. It took much longer than expected but with both of our inputs we were able to get the model pretty accurate and the final mask looks awesome by the way nice work man :)

Here is a WIP render/animation I did... I have already had a couple people ask for the .obj file but have had to turn them down.

Casey Jones Mask WIP Test Render HD - YouTube

12. Spylocke

Spylocke Member

Love it. When will it be available?

13. Apocodaddy

Apocodaddy Member

I've been away for a while dealing with personal stuff, so I'm sorry I haven't answered anyone's questions. I've been doing a little more tweaking to the mask for accuracy and even got the size matched to the movie mask within about 97%. It's coming along and should be ready by the end of this month now. I don't get a lot of free time to work on stuff as a single parent so bear with me and I'll have new pictures soon. Also I want to give a big thanks to twopinacoladas. His 3d skills were a major help is this project.

14. Spylocke

Spylocke Member

No problem! Thanks for the update and I hope all is well, man! I want one of these!

15. Spylocke

Spylocke Member

Still want one! lol

16. gman1

gman1 New Member

haah this is sweet

17. d_osborn

d_osborn Sr Member

Time to wake this thread up from it's slumber--any movement on this mask? I've had my eyes on it for what seems like ages.

18. wangmauler

wangmauler New Member

I agree! Any progress on this mask? :)

19. Spidersense

Spidersense New Member

I second that, would love to see some more progress.