New cantina creation - Walrusman Hands

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After a kind of hectic 2005, I'm finally finding some time to hit the clay.

I decided to try out WED clay (I'd always used Chavant before) and figured I'd start with something that wasn't overly complex just to get a feel for the stuff. Not bad at all. Gonna try it on my next bust (which I'll be starting very soon.).

So, I decided to do Walrusman's hands. Not the furry monster hand like the one used in the insert shot of the gun on the ground but the big "hoof" or "sucker" hands he had for all the UK shot footage. If you watch when he gives Luke a shove, you can spot em clear as day. Naturally, there are a few pics of em in the chronicles as well.

The Fly alien and Wioslea also have the same type of hands (Wioslea's look to have a green finish but that could just be the tweaks they made when remastering the films for DVD).

I tried to replicate the rough sculpt, and the blotchy and streaky look of the original finish work. I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out.

Nice to get back to sculptin'/molding/casting/painting stuff anyway :D

I'll probably be doing a few extra pairs of these, so if ya dig em, PM me for info ;)
Tom

Originally posted by Scarecrow@Jan 24 2006, 12:10 AM
How could someone lift a glass with those hands?
[snapback]1166551[/snapback]​

My thoughts exactly. But moreover, how would one clean oneself after using the space can?

Originally posted by Prop Runner+Jan 24 2006, 01:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prop Runner @ Jan 24 2006, 01:11 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-gnrlotto
@Jan 23 2006, 11:40 PM
But moreover, how would one clean oneself after using the space can?
Think about it: there's a reason they're shaped like SCOOPS... :p

- Gabe
[snapback]1166564[/snapback]​
[/b]

But then how do you turn on the faucet?

I mean, unless you didn't mind being called Pooper Scooper...

It's a little-known fact that Walrus Man auditioned for the role of Patsy in Monty Python and the Holy Grail a year before he joined the cast of Star Wars:

006-01-patsy.jpg

If it wasn't for the fact that Terry Gilliam was co-director and unfairly got cast instead, the Cantina scene would have been one alien short...

;)

- Gabe

Originally posted by Prop Runner@Jan 24 2006, 05:18 AM
It's a little-known fact that Walrus Man auditioned for the role of Patsy in Monty Python and the Holy Grail a year before he joined the cast of Star Wars:

:lol

Originally posted by gnrlotto@Jan 24 2006, 04:49 AM

But then how do you turn on the faucet?

[snapback]1166605[/snapback]​

Are we talking the real faucet, or the one on Kenobi's saber?

Glad you guys dig em...

and yeah, they would be pretty cool bookends. Maybe I'll do some solid plaster ones someday. :lol

T

Originally posted by clutch@Jan 24 2006, 11:10 AM
How'd he ever get that shirt on...????
[snapback]1166755[/snapback]​

:lol

good question.

Thanks for the good words guys. While I've got a few other projects on the bench now, the Walrusman head is definitely "on my list" of future ideas.

Tom

Lets start a big e-mail writing campain to get tom to make a walrusman mask . I've been trying to get him to make one since 2001 . :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back