New build Iron Man Mark VI

kithany

Hello im new to this getting ready to do my first foam build did a lot of reading up on it first feeling good about working with foam any words of advice.

Last edited:
Welcome and good luck,

best advice I can give you is get the right materials and tools.

we might be able to give more advice once you started working on it and have some pictures

Ok so thinking i may be to big for the mkvi im 6' 225 stocky built thinking war-machine might be a better fit looking for advice on this subject i know i had problems doing my halo armor with my size i know i will have a little more lea way with foam any advice on which way to go

yeah if you are somewhat larger you can scale up the parts.. I have a big helmet and I pep mine 10-20% larger then the standard scale. like Buster said it can all be done in Pepakura designer

This is such a common build but I still want to do build a pep suit someday. I will wish you the best and can't wait to see the finished project mate.

Yea i have done pep for awhile now i have done some halo armor the resin and fiberglass method. I have all the files and can save i just went in and adjusted the files the armor scale is just huge but fits nice just not to slim line like id like to see so hulkbuster or war machine in the works

ok so i have committed to the build cut all my templates ordered all my foam got all my other supply's ready plenty of blades glue just waiting on foam will start posting pics as soon as i get first piece done. I will be using robo3687s pep files using default scale.

Thought its about time I post as well. I just started building my first foam costume using the pep method and am building the Mark IV as well. So far, I've just got the helmet done, but will have to do it again as it is slightly too small. **(I considered it a test build anyway since I've never done anything like this before)** I can get my head into it, but really have to force it on, and it bows a bit on the side.

I plan on using this helmet as a test for the rest of the processes (sealing, priming, painting, etc.).

The files I'm using are Stealth's edited version of robo3867's files. Thanks to you guys for providing these.

So o worked on a piece today not so good better at sculpting then foam work well the big problem is cant get the pep to fit looking for any other options and input?

Kithany, curious to what you mean by you can't get it to fit? On you? or fit the pieces together? I've had to "tweak" things a bit to get them to work right, but seems to be going well so far.

Which part are you working on?

Can't wait to see some pictures.

Just size in general like i said im a bigger guy and cant get the scale down yet starting to get frustrated been checking all the sizing forums never really messed with pep iv mostly been doing sculpt work but wanted to try the foam armor seems so much easier

Last edited:
well i scratched the ironman build working on a foam halo mkVI so far have helm and 1 thigh will be posting progress pic as they come along

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back