New BTTF Ride in 2015

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by lukebrynycz, May 14, 2012.

1. lukebrynycz

lukebrynycz Well-Known Member

Hi guys n gals,

Would you mind taking a few minutes to help with my petition to Universal Studios? It would be much appreciated! :thumbsup

Petition: Universal Studios: Create a new Back To The Future ride in 2015! | Change.org

As we all know here, BTTF is making huuuuuge comebacks recently and that all important 2015 is almost upon us. Nike Mag release, Blu-Ray, Flux Capacitors, Lego, TMR of the original "A" car, Hoverboards, full scale delorean conversions on the rise etc. The list goes on and on. I have even seen references of it recently on NCIS:LA and Wipeout, along with Universal themselves paying massive tribute to it in their Cinematic Spectacular.

A new ride in 2015 would be even more amazing with todays technologies and with its evergrowing popularity, would last every bit as well as the original did (y)cool

2. airair

airair Sr Member

* Right!
    I was lucky I managed to go on it in 2006 just before they closed it!

they better bring it back!

3. lukebrynycz

I was lucky enough to ride is maaaaaany times, and also in 2006 before it closed. What a ride!! :cool

Please pass the link around.

4. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The problem is that theme park rides take YEARS to plan and engineer and then a year to two to build. Even if they agreed to build one, 2015 is not going to happen.

The Simpson ride is absolutely horrible.

5. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Sr Member

I'd like a ride that doesnt induce motion sickness, a real ride not some vomit inducing film shown to me in a box

6. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The old ride needed seat belts.
    Slippery seating would slam your back against the hard seat mercilessly!

I called it "Back Pain to the Future" ride.

7. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Sr Member

I rode it numerous times as a kid. I remember how terrified it was for me when we would fly through the Texaco sign. I kept begging my dad to let us ride it again just so we could go in the elevators with all the props...Of course I have no clue if they were even accurate, but as a 9 year old kid, I was overly impressed.

Man, so many memories. I wish I had had a chance to ride it as an adult.

8. Crank729

Crank729 Sr Member

You don't like the Simpsons's ride? I thought that ride was awesome!

9. steveo3002

steveo3002 Well-Known Member

i very much enjoyed the ride several times over the years , all the props and stuff while you wait were good to see too

seemed like a poor choice to take that one away..

10. lukebrynycz

haha, part of the fun! Going forwards though, they could easily rectify this and could do something like Spiderman :thumbsup

11. lukebrynycz

The Simpsons is excellent, i'm no fool, I won't say it's bad simply because it was the reason one of our favourite rides was removed....but it ain't gonna last half the time that BTTF did.

12. lukebrynycz

I was a bit luckier in that I rode it in 2006 when I was 20 so can remember quite a lot of it, but I have only TRULY started appreciating BTTF around 3 years ago and wish I could have rode it again as I would have noticed a lot more details. It had the best preride show and props ever to exist on a ride, fact.

13. lukebrynycz

Bump! Come on guys, just a few more signatures, almost at 100! :cool

14. Ronan87

Ronan87 Sr Member

Signed. We use to drive down to Universal Studio when i was a kid. I rode on it a couple times...

Memories :)

15. DrewSmith007

DrewSmith007 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just signed. I went to USH in August of 2010 and was really looking forward to the BTTF ride. So, I was a little mad that it was gone. I had the front of the line pass, and everything was a max wait time of 2 minutes, The Simpsons was like 20 even with the pass. That might explain why I didn't like it...

16. lukebrynycz

Tell me about it. I used to go to Florida all the time as a kid just to go on this thing. I was I'm tears watching videos of this ride after it had closed, I suspect with millions of others too. Universal MUST see that they have only one chance to do this thing in 2015, it will literally never come around again! It would make them MILLIONS!

17. lukebrynycz

Don't worry, help get this to 100 signatures and we'll get us all a newer, better BTTF ride! :thumbsup

18. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I used to have a season pass and I would just spend hours going on the ride, and checking out the props they had on display while in line. I miss that ride so much :(

19. lukebrynycz

For sure! The pre-ride footage/entertainment and the props were THE best on any ride I have ever been on, and that's lots. It was pure genius.

Almost there guys, just a few more signatures! Try get some family to sign and get them to pass on please :thumbsup

20. Moviefreak

How many are needed? There is only 80, which isn't going to be enough to make Universal take notice. Maybe if thousands or hundreds of thousands stood up and asked they might realize the fan base out there, but 80?? I think we will not be taken seriously. That being said.... I dis sign it with hopes that one day they will bring it back :)

21. lukebrynycz

The maximum you can have on most online petitions is 100. The strange thing is there's millions of us fans that have mentioned they would LOVE another ride in 2015 but only a few of us can be arsed to do anything about it. It's actually quite annoying, all it would take is a letter or signature from everyone and they would really have no option.

Putting the fans wishes aside, it would make no sense AT ALL for them not to do another one in 2015. This year will be legendary and only come once. Can you imagine the chaos at Universal Studios in Cali and Florida when this opened?! It would make them millions!!

22. Moviefreak

A website dedicated to the cause would be great. Dedicate the whole site to the old ride and with a section on why they should bring it back. Fans can sign the guestbook showing they support the cause. It is very annoying that so many fans out there cannot step up and support this :(

23. lukebrynycz

Wish I had the time to do this :-( I would be willing to chip in to support someone who could do this though. Know of anyone?

There are literally thousands of people on YouTube making comments on the bttftr ride videos that they wish there was another and much hatred for the Simpsons ride etc. Why they won't all email Universal, I have no idea. Pure laziness I guess..

24. lukebrynycz

25. lukebrynycz

Bump! I'd have thought I would get more than this with all the constant messages on the YouTube Ride videos even today with how everyone wants a new one. Come on, spread the word! :):thumbsup

26. lammy

lammy Active Member

Signed. Even if I can't make it over to go on I'd love to see it done

27. lukebrynycz

Bump! :thumbsup

28. NickyMabbs

NickyMabbs Well-Known Member

Signed dude!

29. AlexBC

AlexBC Sr Member

I'd love to see it happen but there's no way they'd be able to get anything together in time for 2017 let alone 2015.

30. Jet Beetle

Jet Beetle Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

I was watching the clip of Marty riding the hoverboard last night and thought - y'know, this future would have happened if people hadn't turned their backs on the 80's. That future they show there is a future where Nirvana never happened - where Pearl Jam and all of the rest of that soundtrack for depression was skipped over.

31. AlexBC

AlexBC Sr Member

You mean Nirvana, Pearl Jam et al held back technological advancement by 30 years!?

Whaaaaa?

And the 80's gave birth to Goth rock.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  32. lukebrynycz

Cheers Nick

33. NickyMabbs

NickyMabbs Well-Known Member

If it gets done we can fly over together dude! :thumbsup

34. lukebrynycz

Sounds good to me. I'll activate the hover conversion ;-)