New BSG -Cylon Battle Painting

SurferGeek

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
137th Gebirg from ASAP was able to get me a nice, large scan from the BSG compendium. I worked on it to remove the extreme moire pattern and enhance the colors and contrast. I also added a slight canvas texture.

Watch 'ya think?

ef9558f1e0.jpg

fbf5c289d7.jpg

Yeah, but the Cylons always did carry, and use (Baltar's head...) swords. It might be a case that when it reached close combat both sides used melee weapons instead of lasers.

Lol - awesome. Great minds think alike. We made posters of that in our office a few months ago.
They got about as large as 18x24 before taking a hit, quality-wise.

Cool to see your interpretation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boba Frett @ May 8 2006, 05:07 PM) [snapback]1240866[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yt @ May 8 2006, 05:48 PM) [snapback]1240852[/snapback]
OK, now who's gonna make one?
[/b]

I'm in if anyone does a run of these :)
[/b][/quote]

Well... unfortunately the source was a scan from a mag/book and after removing the heavy moiré pattern much of the sharper details are lost. The image I posted above is not much smaller than the file that I created so printing anything larger than 18 inchs as Moff pointed out and you will begin to see all of the compression artifacts. Sorry...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burningman @ May 9 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]1241401[/snapback]</div>
I love it but the one in adamas room has more sky to it.
[/b]

The image that was scanned is complete, unfortunately the source doesn't represent the actual painting as it is indeed cropped. Some of the sky as well as the bottom are missing and a slight bit from both sides. Gotta make due with what was available.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back