New blades for"Topknots" gauntlet

AlphaTech686

Sorry I had to put this picture here. This is my back patio that I just finished.
This is why I haven't been doing any of the good stuff.
022-3.jpg

Some of you may remember this. I'm replacing the 5 blade combo.
I didn't think the blades looked menacing enough.
topclosedbladesideG.jpg

th_videos003.jpg[/url]"]video
These are the new blades. I still may have a single smaller blade that pops up
between the two main blades.
013-6.jpg

014-4.jpg

019-5.jpg

028-1.jpg

I thought about leaving them flat black but I probably will go ahead a paint them.
027-3.jpg

029-3.jpg

033-4.jpg

035-2.jpg

Now that's a sweet setup. Awesome job! I saw another lair member make a retractable gauntlet system using cd-rom drives. But yours seems to move a lot quicker. Again, top notch job!

nice tile job and ******* wicked blades bro , ive seen lots of your stuff on here man and you should sell some of your stuff man your legs look the ******* best period that ive seen and the twist on the blades are sick man bro you gots mad talent

Those are pretty menacing alright,man.I was wondering what thickness did you use for your plexiglass?And I am guessing it is acrylic?May I also ask how you went about putting the edge on?I recently did a pair and my edge is good but not very even,used my Dremel tool.

Thanks, Daren

Always like seeing your work. I really like the new blades. Different and yes...they look just a wee bit on the menacing side. Cheers!

Those are pretty menacing alright,man.I was wondering what thickness did you use for your plexiglass?And I am guessing it is acrylic?May I also ask how you went about putting the edge on?I recently did a pair and my edge is good but not very even,used my Dremel tool.

Thanks, Daren
Hey dude, thanks for the response. That is 1/4 inch Lexan. The edge was put on with a Dremel, then a 1/2 round file. If you file it sort of back and forth but also across it will straighten things up pretty well. Sand paper at the end of course.

Fak.
Those look awesome and have just the right mix between tribal and tech influences that Predators need. Great job!

What material do you use? Perspex?

Thanks for the comments all. I'll get some updated photos up soon. I've playing with a pop up center blade system. I think ya'll will like it. Oh they are Lexan for who was wondering.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back