NEW BIO SCULPT

Mannowar

Sr Member
Just finished the detailing on this and will hopefully mold it later in the week or over the weekend. It's custom fit to a snap mold of one of my fully assembled Hybrid Elder masks, so the mandibles and tusks will fit under it with no problem. I also designed it so that the mouth section can be cut away in different locations to expose the mouth if so desired (see the edited pix). I'm pretty stoked to get it molded, as it's my very first bio sculpt. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a pretty intricate design.I like how you made it so it can be customized.Also was wondering,the upper sides, are those just extra material to be cut away,near the laser shroud?Also what do you think you will be selling these for?It looks like a really good cast,nice and thick and full of cool detail.Really like the engraved symbols on the forehead.Nice job......

Thanks,Daren

WOW thats a freaking badass bio.. I like ........cant wait to see the pics when its finished
details are awsome......great job ...putting that on my wish list

I'm really liking the bio Scott, the design fits your elder well. I like the fine detail work, the tribal design and the texture added looks great. I also like how you made it that the front piece is removable if desired. Another great piece!

really cool sculpt! came out great. you really made it your own but stuck to the pred aesthetic well!

hat's off to you sir

Thats a really fekin nice bio design man......like the idea you had for the mouth cut out areas....thats forward thinking for ya.

Thanks all! My plan is to cast in a clear resin, paint the areas that I want painted and then use a mirrored film tint for the inside of the lenses. The other option, is to use the clear resin but add in a pin drop of black tint to give the clear resin a smoked effect and again, paint the areas where paint is desired and leave the areas that I want to see out of smoke tinted. A lot of options once I'm rolling. The other thing I've been thinking about in regards to the clear casting is that the painting could also be done on the INSIDE of the bio and that might give some intersting depth effects in the paint-up... We'll see.

Paint the inside, that should look good. I don't know if anyone else did that yet. The smoked look should look sweet too. Good luck!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back