New Bio Sculpt "Scrap"

Milk1

I finally decided to try and scuplt my first bio. I bought one of Casey's ancient bios so that I would have a good reference for size and shape. I made up a quick armatuer with cardboard, plaster and aluminum foil. I just started today so it is still really ruff. I focused on just one side to get an idea of what I like. The design was just made up as I worked on it. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.......Aaron
bio001.jpg

bio002.jpg

bio003.jpg

bio004.jpg

I love the layering, the lines you have going on between the layers, and digging the spike concept! Looking forward to your updates. Personally, I'm already seeing an opportunity for a two-tone paint job...

really like the design, but it looks huge compared to the ancient. you may want to slim it down before you put too much detail in to it.

Thanks guys! It seems a little big in the pics, but that is because it is higher in the photo than the ancient. It is maybe only and inch wider and two inches taller. I am slowly trying to get it even/symentrical today. Maybe I will have some more pics later today or tomorrow.

Here is the latest update. I finally got it pretty symetrical which was the most time comsuming part. I changed around a few details as well. The lines down the center are not staying there they are just a guide. I still need to sculpt my own tri-laser deal. Then just smooth it out and detail it. Should be done by monday. Still did not think of a name though.
bio2003.jpg

bio2004.jpg

bio2005.jpg

bio2002.jpg

bio2001.jpg

Well I just finished it up. I went with a really ruff/molded texture for a different look. It should be really cool looking after paint. The molding materials also came in today, so it should be in resin by the weekend.
pics006-1.jpg

pics004-1.jpg

pics005.jpg

pics007.jpg

pics008.jpg

Brutal; but I can't keep my eyes off the cheeks, they look like the base of a car cupholder to me. ;> That's the only area I don't really like, but as always, that's a matter of personal taste.

ummm--Hell yeah!!!!! This just goes to show you how the imagination and talent is really shown here on the Lair-- great work my friend-- Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

I finished the mold and poured the first cast today. I did not have enough resin though, so it came out way too thin. Some of the spikes didn't cast well, so I am going to make seperate molds for them.
bio5010.jpg

bio5012.jpg

bio5011.jpg

bio5014.jpg

bio5013.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back