new bio helmet approach

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

iamhunter88888

so i have the lower half of a airsoft mask, and i was thinking of doing the upper half of the bio helmet. Problem is, i dont know what to use to make the upper half of the bio helmet

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Fayne

some ideas are to either make a pepakura bio and do the 1st 2-4 coats of resin then snip / dremel it to put the parts together and keep working using resin and bondo...... or you could put this on a lifecast and sculpt a whole new mask with both parts. I think for your needs you could even start with a cheap generic(ish) airsoft helmet and sculpt right over it then make a mold. You could then make parts to resin and bondo to a mask, or even (if very careful) scuff sand it and attach the mold to the same model helmet minus clay and tape the seams then pour resin into the mold so it bonds to the helmet. next would be preparing for paint. This all depends on your experience and comfort level with various materials. good luck with whatever you decide.