New Battlestar Galactica Colonial gear

Prop-Maker

Anyone working on any new Galactica clothes? I'd like to get a Viper pilot flight suit or some kind of Colonial costume, but I have no idea where to start. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks,
J.

- Side note -
Edited to clear up any confusion.

Originally posted by Prop-Maker@Oct 7 2005, 07:56 AM
Anyone working on any new Galactica threads? I'd like to get a Viper pilot flight suit or some kind of costume, but I have no idea where to start. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks,
J.
[snapback]1091662[/snapback]​

Threads have been ongoing at ASAP but as of now no one has found the exact material.

It was reported in the BSG magazine that they bought all the material for the series from a certain company which is now out of business. They now have to be carefull with the suits they have or find a new source.

Someone posted over there has built a helmet which is decent but not perfect.

So far no one has been able to identify the shoes they wore, maybe a custom or older style.

Duty belt and pouches are also unidentifed.

Still lots of things to figure out.

Gloves have been found though.

I think I remember reading that the shoes were prototypes provided by a shoe company for use in the show. Reebok perhaps? Which would mean they've never been in production.

Even the best search engine can't find a thread that doesn't exist. ;)

This is either the very first new BG colonial gear thread on the RPF, or the first one in several months (meaning any old one has dropped off).

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

From this thread at ASAP.

Viper pilot uniform

Looks like they may have tracked down some similar fabric on page 3. Hope this helps. :)

Jon

THAT HELPS TREMENDOUSLY.. I keep forgetting about ASAP. Used to be my mainstay prop forum 'til I found the RPF. I head back there and post every now and then. Looks like I need to start again. Thanks a lot, sir. Also... I think I've seen that shoe before. I'll have to have a look around my footwear department, but the shoe looks SO familiar.

Well, the easiest outfit by far would be the urban digital camo, black web belt, tactical holster, and rank pins. (What Apollo wore on Kobol, or Commander Adama, though his collar has been modified.)

The standard OD bdu's w/ extra straps and green suede patches would be the next easiest. There's a tutorial over on sg-command.net on how to do it.

Pilot oufits and dress uniforms would be the most challenging.

Yeah, I agree. The Marines would be easy to do, also. All you'd need is the tactical vest (this one here, which I plan on coppin').

warhead_marine_front_jpg.jpg

warhead_marine_back_jpg.jpg

Then just get a set of black BDUs, this helmet:

nv_helmet_jpg.jpg

These goggles:

MSK-TX800.jpg

And you'd pretty much be set.

- Side note -
I wish the pictures were a little smaller, but... you know.

I'd posted here about that months ago & was sent to ASAP, so Istarted the VP suit thread there. (as missjayne) I'd also posted here to see if anyone was working on a helmet. The one on ASAP is looking pretty good. I'm working on the flightsuit for myself. Check sommers.com for the chroma fabric. (You might have to order from their distributors or have a company name if they give you a hard time.) I haven't found those shoes and I've looked EVRYWHERE. I'm going to sew pads to glue onto some that are similar. BTW I'm pretty sure the discontinued fabric they refer to in that article is the dress uniform wool. He says "blue uniform" in the article.
Jayn

For the dress uniform and regular duty uniform, the pattern that I bought for my WWII Batman costume has an additional jacket pattern that looks exactly like the jacket, only longer. I'll grab the pattern sleeve and scan it after lunch. :)

And as I said before, I believe the shoes were a prototype that never went into production, but I do agree with you guys, they do look damned familiar. I wouldn't doubt a similar shoe was put into production in place of them. And I dunno why, but I want to say they were white and metalic blue.

Ok, here we go. The pattern I believe would work is the blue jacket, shortened to waist length and with only one row of buttons (and a few other modifications obviously)

jacketpattern1au.jpg

And heres the line art from the sheet inside:

jacketpattern20cu.jpg

I got the pattern at Jo-anne Fabrics, though I would imagine you can get them anywhere that sells patterns. :)
Jon

So far no one has really addressed the belts and pouches.

I hope someone knowledgeable in those might be able to recognize what they might be.

I have looked around a little but so far found no matches.

Originally posted by SmilingOtter@Oct 8 2005, 09:23 AM
Well, the easiest outfit by far would be the urban digital camo, black web belt, tactical holster, and rank pins.  (What Apollo wore on Kobol, or Commander Adama, though his collar has been modified.)

The standard OD bdu's w/ extra straps and green suede patches would be the next easiest.  There's a tutorial over on sg-command.net on how to do it.

Pilot oufits and dress uniforms would be the most challenging.
[snapback]1092421[/snapback]​

not really, the UDC pattern they use isnt released to the public yet, those are the prototype digis for the US navy.....

The belt is a standard duty belt. It appears to be made by Bianchi based on the straps. The buckle is a Stubai Click fix. It appears to be the adjustable model, but it only has two pins, like the fixed model. I think it may be an adjustable turned backward. I am still debating if I should just order both so I can do a side by side comparison. I am pretty broke from my OD costume, so if someone else wants to order them here is the link. Be sure to select the black one from the drop down menu.

Adjustable
http://www.modernmountainman.com/catalog.p...roduct&id=17383

Fixed
http://www.modernmountainman.com/catalog.p...roduct&id=17459

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back