New Avp Gauntlets In The Works... New Pix Post 25

Mannowar

Sr Member
I've been getting quite a few reqeusts for these, so I decided to start sculpting them up. This is my second time sculptng with WED clay and I have to say that I'm liking the results thus far. So far, just the bottom gaunt done and will mold tonight and tomorrow. I'll be starting the various tops (blade, cpu and netgun) over the next few days. Let me know what you think!

AvP gauntlet bottom 250a.jpg

AvP gauntlet bottom 350a.jpg

very good scott, and thanks again for armour you sent, and the order for the other pieces you'll get during the next week.

once again scott amazing works

Here is the sculpt of the blade housing. Will mold later tonight. I grinded the beading off the sides of the gauntlet bottom for better molding, so if the bottom looks a little odd, that's why.

Blade Top 150.jpga.jpg

oh my god scott your a prop making god!!
when is the computer piece ready?
like when you ready to sell them?
they're great scott. you've got some talent.
just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all... I'll also be doing a net gun at some point, but that will probably be a month or so out, as I need to do an AvP backpack as soon as these are finished... more to come soon!

Thanks all... I'll also be doing a net gun at some point, but that will probably be a month or so out, as I need to do an AvP backpack as soon as these are finished... more to come soon!
Hey Mannowar what dimensions is the bladed one trying to judge to make sure that it doesn't swallow my whole forearm up to my elbow kind of thing

Hey Mannowar what dimensions is the bladed one trying to judge to make sure that it doesn't swallow my whole forearm up to my elbow kind of thing
Well, AvP gaunts are pretty big and these are similar in dims to the Ruff AvP gaunts. Probably a wee bit wider and if they work out as planned, they won't need to be hinged to get on and off. I'll try to remember to get you some specific dims once I have a casting in a couple days, but if I forget, please remind me.

very excited to see this all done... you one of the many talented people here

Well, AvP gaunts are pretty big and these are similar in dims to the Ruff AvP gaunts. Probably a wee bit wider and if they work out as planned, they won't need to be hinged to get on and off. I'll try to remember to get you some specific dims once I have a casting in a couple days, but if I forget, please remind me.
Np I will make a note about it whne the time comes thanks man (y)

Here are some photos of the blade gauntlet finished.
AvPBladeGaunt150a1.jpg

AvPBladeGaunt250a.jpg

I did them a bit bigger than the Ruffkin gaunts but as you can see in the photos with the Ruff gaunts for size comparison below (Ruffs on the left, mine on the right), they're basically the same dims. About the only difference is the slightly more open front opening, which will allow you to put these on assembled. The front openings on the Ruffs are a bit small and I know a lot of guys use leather straps to tie the two halves together, or hinge them in the back... these are just big enough to fit already assembled, so you could bolt the blade housing to the barrel and not worry about assembling them when you're suiting up.
AvPBladeGaunt350a.jpg

AvPBladeGaunt450a.jpg

The other "improvement" I wanted to do was reinforce the nub that sticks out between the blades, so I reinforced the bottom as seen in the photo... still plenty of room for blades, but that nub shouldn't crack off now.
AvPBladeGaunt550A.jpg

I did these as close in dims to the Ruffs as I could so that those with blade animatronics can still use them and I'll do the same with the CPU guant so anyone with countdown circuit boards can use them without big modifications. I'll hopefully have some photos of the CPU guant sculpt in the next couple days.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back