New AVP Feet in progress

Elder one

New AVP feet in progress. A little touch up and this one is ready to mold. Hopefully, I can duplicate it with the other one.
IMG_7610.jpg

IMG_7628.jpg

IMG_7627.jpg

IMG_7616.jpg

IMG_7615.jpg

IMG_7614.jpg

IMG_7612.jpg

Hey guys,

I'm 99% sure the plan (E-O is my pops so I hear his brainstorms thundering down the hall) is to sculpt a set of resin dusters that can be included with the feet if desired. The mold for this one is done, so now its just a matter of finding time to sculpt the other foot, and then the duster mounts/blades.

I'll see if I can get him to post up a picture of the cast foot as a final turn out.

Gorgeous sculpting! How did you achieve that classic pitted look for the armor?
Its an ancient Chinese secret passed down from generation to generation by tel... Naw I'm kidding haha. I'm not sure how he got that part done, I'd walk out in the garage after he'd be done for the night and there would be sections done. I'm not even sure what he used as a tool as he usually cleaned up everything.

Its an ancient Chinese secret passed down from generation to generation by tel... Naw I'm kidding haha. I'm not sure how he got that part done, I'd walk out in the garage after he'd be done for the night and there would be sections done. I'm not even sure what he used as a tool as he usually cleaned up everything.

You where saying elder one I it pops correct? Could u ask him if he'll be doing different sizes? For feet? I'm a size 9/10 and was wondering of he'll be doing them in a size to fit me? Also as you said dusters will be included with them? Has he thought of any price to sell them at? Would the cost around $100 or more?

You where saying elder one I it pops correct? Could u ask him if he'll be doing different sizes? For feet? I'm a size 9/10 and was wondering of he'll be doing them in a size to fit me? Also as you said dusters will be included with them? Has he thought of any price to sell them at? Would the cost around $100 or more?

There has been talk on how to offer the feet. I think up front they will just be empty casts where it'd be up to the buyer to size the inside on their own. At a later point, he might consider selling them foamed, stilted, etc for an extra cost, but that probably wouldn't be right out of the gate. As for the price, as I said before it hasn't been discussed or decided on. Once the second foot is sculpted, molded and cast up, you'll probably see them start appearing in the B/S as just plain feet, then once the dusters are done, see them appear as either a package deal, option, I'm not really sure yet.

Good morning all, I apologize for my absence from the boards lately, I have to many irons in the fire. Just to validate.... yes Lazrith is my son. Everything he says is accurate. I went ahead and molded the first foot to ensure the mold turned out. Because if it hadn't I was going to make some minor changes in the claws coming off the side. Since the poured foot is coming out of the mold quite well, I will start sculpting on the other foot this next week. I'm going camping in the mountains to do some jeeping..... what better place to sculpt than high in the mountains? I have a couple of projects I have to close out that have a higher priority right now, so it may take me a few weeks to finish the sculpting, molding, and pouring of the final product. (finish putting together a suit for Morbius, finish the Creature from the Black Lagoon, and work on a suit for myslef JUST in case I can come up with tickets for the Con this year.)

As Lazrith said, I am planning to sculpt the dusters seperately to allow you to go with or without. Most likely be sold as a set. I won't talk cost in this thread but the cost will pretty much be the same as most feet out there.

I'll try to start a WIP thread for Morbius' suit the next day or so. I know he would liek to see something as well.

That's it for now,
E-O

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back