New Avp Backpack Almost Finished

Mannowar

Sr Member
Started this on Saturday. I was planning on keeping it a bit more under wraps until more progress was made, but I have a couple very anxious clients, so I figured I'd post up some WIP shots to quench their thrists...lol Should be ready to mold by sometime tomorrow. Just have some clean-up, a bit more detailing then some texturing (which will take the longest). Will mold in silicone first, then do a stone mold for latex castings. Dims are probalby a bit closer to the Snyder pack, but the detail is more spot-on like the Ruffkin pack with a couple of my own designs near the mounting area. Let me know what you think.

AvP backpack 150.jpga.jpg

AvP backpack 250.jpga.jpg

AvP backpack 350.jpga.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
just an idea for you scott, you could add predator hyrgolyphics into the backpack side.

LOL... one of my very anxious clients... It's not finished yet J, so yes, the glyphs will be etched in... it's far from finished. If you like it now, you're really going to like it when it's finished later today.

Über cool, Scott. How you thinking of attaching it to back armour?
It will be resin (or latex... molding for both) so you can bolt, use brackets or you could even use earth magnets... for my personal builds, I'll likely install some brackets inside and bolt it to the chest armor.

lol, ok grand, scott you've done a kick ass job , and when i say a kick ass job i mean ( a chuck norris, kick ass job )
looking forward to seeing the finished product

Thanks all! They'll become available in the next few days. Here's a quick up date... was hoping to mold today, but will have to mold tomorrow. Still have to detail the texturing on, but the big detailing is finished and I'll knock out the texturing and clean up the lines in the AM. Here are a couple photo updates.

AvP backpack update 150.jpga.jpg

AvP backpack update 250.jpga.jpg

Hey Scott, looks awesome and sorry to go OT, but as you are working on armour,any plans to do a accurate P1 backpack ?

Thanks all and Lee, yes I'm planning on retooling all of my armor, but this one one of those pieces that I didn't have at all, so I jumped on it first. I'm also thinking about doing a full set of P2 armor in the near future. I don't have timelines on anything yet, but yes, definitely on the P1 pack :D

Going to start siliconing this in a few minutes, but figured I'd give a final photo update of the finished detailed version before I throw goop all over it. Maybe my best sculpt to date? I'm pretty pleased with it and looking forward to getting a new AvP pack out there. Let me know what you think. I won't have any photos of a finished one for a few days, as the first casting has to ship to England as soon as it's ready, but I'll get one painted up sometime next week.

AvP Pack update 150.jpga.jpg

AvP Pack update 250.jpga.jpg

AvP Pack update 350.jpga.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back